Pure cab questions

• As I understand, If you had the "overall" switch off in the output section and have a setting of 3 in the cab section the pure cab would still be on three for that rig correct, as the highest setting overrides the smallest? (regardless of output checkbox condition)?

And where is pure cab "added", in the cab stack section , output section or other?

Does Purecab affect monitor out if cabinet is turned off? (I'm thinking not) Or only on outputs where cab is activated?

If I can get these answered, I wanted to ask do you use pure cab?, How much if any and what do you think it does for your sound? (I know what the manual says it does but wanted to hear opinions)

• As I understand, If you had the "overall" switch off in the output section and have a setting of 3 in the cab section the pure cab would still be on three for that rig correct, as the highest setting overrides the smallest? (regardless of output checkbox condition)?

Correct.

And where is pure cab "added", in the cab stack section , output section or other?

Cab section.

Does Purecab affect monitor out if cabinet is turned off? (I'm thinking not) Or only on outputs where cab is activated?

Only on outputs where a Cab is present.

If I can get these answered, I wanted to ask do you use pure cab?, How much if any and what do you think it does for your sound? (I know what the manual says it does but wanted to hear opinions)

I use it to remove phase cancellation brought about by off-axis mic'ing techniques if desired.

Settings usually around 3.5 IIRC.

• Thank you Monkey_man for the solid answers.

So ... I gather it's mostly there to fix issues and not to deliver more of an "amp in the room sound" then. I have been messing with it and compared a recorded distortion Marshall profile with it off, on; but on zero, 2 and 5 and it doesn't seem to make a big difference in a mix setting anyway.

It makes sense that it is a "fixer" and if something doesn't need fixed, it doesn't change much. Like taking a LPF down to 10K when there isn't anything much above 8K there.

For some reason I thought it was to give a more cab in the room sound but I think I got that mixed up with something else I read.

I'm always having fun working to get the recorded sound to sound exactly to my ears like when I am playing my live cab in a room.

Funny many people speak of having trouble making their live cab sound as good as direct/headphones but to me the Kemper just used as an amp/cab is the best. I've often thought "screw direct I'm just gonna mic this awesome tone but when I do, direct still sounds a little better. It's already THERE. I have been playing since 1978 and being a gear nut have played/ owned many many top tube amps and the Kemper is likely the best of all of them overall. And to think a keyboard maker did this! Mr. Kemper came from a different angle from the whole modeling thing and changed the landscape.

• So ... I gather it's mostly there to fix issues and not to deliver more of an "amp in the room sound" then.

You asked, "... what do you think it does for your sound? ", so I gave you my specific use case.

IIRC the manual states that it's designed to help remove the mic from the equation, so you'd think that this would go a long way towards allowing the amp-in-the-room sound. After all, the only things preventing this are components of the real-world signal chain post-cabinet - mic's and their preamps mostly, that're baked into a Profile.