ISO: Ampeg VT-22

• Hey Kemper Friends!

I'm on the hunt for a quality profile of an Ampeg VT-22, particularly a distorted/gained-out profile (a la Josh Homme). I dug around the Rig Exchange but didn't really see anything that quite fit; anyone know where I might find one? Trying to lay down some heavy, stoner rock jams.

Thanks y'all,

- Kerry

• I think his early kyuss stuff was marshall jcm 800 and 8x10 ampeg cab.

I merged one of the free mbritt profiles with the only 8x10 that I could find. I think both are in the ones that come with the stock os rigs. I then adjusted treble mid and bass while a b with blues for the red sun. Got close. Don't think I needed any fx.

Personally I've gone for a dumble clean, marshall 4x12 vintage with a russian big muff and a marshall shredmaster for recent drop tuned tones.

There is an ampeg svt in the download section on kemper downloads page. Nice with fuzz.

Also, there are some nice wem profiles with fuzz baked in.

I did get the matamp profiles from ampfactory but moved away from them.

• I'm on the hunt for a quality profile of an Ampeg VT-22, particularly a distorted/gained-out profile (a la Josh Homme). I dug around the Rig Exchange but didn't really see anything that quite fit; anyone know where I might find one?

I'm looking for an VT-22 or a VT-40 for ages. The only one I know of (a VT-40) was a very early factory profile from 2011. If I recall correctly, It was done during the "Nashville" sessions, when Chris Kemper flew over with his team and profiled a couple of amps from seasoned veterans. Profiles of these sessions go under the author "Gondwana".

You'll finde that profile as a Rig Pack "Kemper legacy profiles" and there under "Amp Pig V-T Forty Cr". Unfortunately that profile doesn't have enough gain for the Stones sound I'm after and pushing it by upping the gain or using a booster doesn't work too well with that kind of profile.

So yes, we are basically stucked regarding Ampeg guitar amps...

The other "Amp Pig" profiles are from a Reverberocket which is more like a Fender Tweed Deluxe circuit and sound, probably not what you want.

I always wondered why no one of the commercial profilers ever did an Ampeg VT amp. Though you'd think they are popular enought due to the Rolling Stones using them in the 69-75 era or today the stoner rock scene using them frequently.