Calling all EQ masters need some help dialing in

• Lynyrd Skynrd’s “Second Helping” album is the reason why I picked up a guitar many years ago. I have tried a long time to nail the specific sound of this album and the Kemper has gotten me the closest. Long story short, I profiled my ‘74 super lead and matching cabinet with an SM57 and MD421 with settings that the late great Ed King provided me years ago. The settings are for Gary and Allen’s Marshalls which are also ‘74 1959’s and Ed told me that all the guitars were mic’d with the above mics. The only thing I am missing is the Eq that would have been applied at the board to get that compressed sound with those smooth singing highs.

I'm also using a Les Paul with PAF’s.

Here is the sound specifically the lead parts:

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Any suggestions on EQ settings?

• Unfortunately, this is sort of an impossible ask. No one can just conjure EQ settings out of nowhere based on a description of a setup...you'd have to at the very least provide a sample of you playing the parts from the song, as a starting point. Also, it's likely not just EQ that shaped the sound...it's also the placement of the mics, the room, the preamp, anything else they had in the chain...lots of variables to consider.