How many cents before you need to retune?

• an interesting Bonus Lesson about TUNING on James Taylor Official Site:

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• But even the Tele and Strat need string trees to compensate for the lack of head angle. The string tress can be as big a problem as the spread of strings on other guitars.

If you use staggered tuners - no need for string trees - I have no string trees on either my Strat or Tele ... it also helps a lot with "behind the nut" string bending :)

• If you use staggered tuners - no need for string trees - I have no string trees on either my Strat or Tele ... it also helps a lot with "behind the nut" string bending :)

Yes, I have Sperzel on my Levinson Blade and they work well even though the Blade has String Trees can be used if you choose to.

but, to be fair, Leo never designed it that way back in the 50’s ?

• an interesting Bonus Lesson about TUNING on James Taylor Official Site:

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

It's Insane How WELL tuned sounds my guitar now.. I'm a bit Confused but IT WORKS!

• It's Insane How WELL tuned sounds my guitar now.. I'm a bit Confused but IT WORKS!

Guitars are imperfect instruments. Just using jumbo frets with a slight bit more finger pressure results in going sharp some. JT uses that tuning to adjust for finger pressure IMO. I usually cheat on my G and B strings if I play high gain songs with a D tonal center. I also cheat on the low E too for chugging. Just don't tell anyone.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• Acoustic guitar can't be intonated like a electric guitar can be so you need to compensate for that. For a electric guitar it depends on you playing style and string gauge too.

Think for yourself, or others will think for you wihout thinking of you

Henry David Thoreau

• It depends on scale length, string gauge and material, action, string height, nut placement (some manufacturer move the nut slightly forward), how the nut is cut, personal playing style...

So you have to find out how to set up, intonate and tune EACH of YOUR instrument. There is no solution that works for everyone on every guitar for every song.

• Forgot my main point. Never tune all strings to 0(We all have been there because no one showed us) like they show in tuner demonstration videos. There's a reason when listening to commercial songs and the guitar(s)sounds so well tuned. Of course a well set up is a must first.

Think for yourself, or others will think for you wihout thinking of you

Henry David Thoreau

• not taking the poll because there is not enough details in the question to give an affirmative answer -

Studio work needs to be 0. Studio needs to be the most precise, the cleanest work you have ever done. PERIOD.

Live work is more forgiving.

Live with multiple guitarists can easily get away with 1-3, even 3-6 depending on genre.

Live work as a sole guitarist can be the 7+. But too much more than 11 is pushing it.

And practice/rehearsal/jamming - forget about it. As long as you are fingering the right note, that is all that counts.

*if you can hear it, forget cents and tune it

I don't own a Kemper but was here investigating. If I answer a post, it is based on general knowledge - not on Kemper experience.

• Acoustic guitar can't be intonated like a electric guitar can be so you need to compensate for that. For a electric guitar it depends on you playing style and string gauge too.

just because I believe you have the right thought but it came across a little lacking on paper (we are all guilty of this from time to time) ----

String gauge doesn't matter on electric guitars because they have individual bridges that can compensate.
    Acoustic guitars can be intonated by changing gauges. This means buying 6 individual strings (once the correct gauges are discovered), not a pack of 6 pre-selected sizes.

I don't own a Kemper but was here investigating. If I answer a post, it is based on general knowledge - not on Kemper experience.