Unknown Error during import

• Just got an error trying to import some new rigs. I've done this already a handful of times with no issues. Just downloaded some new ones from the exchange today...saved them to the Shared folder on my Kemper formatted USB stick...selected external storage -> import... and after about 5 minutes there was an X on the screen with a message that reads: "An unknown error has occurred". There are additional words underneath that but it is cut off and I can't make it out.

Tried twice so far with the same result. Has anyone experienced this before? And if so, what is causing it and what can I do to fix it?

BTW, I'm on 1.0.9.7426 if that matters.

• The few times I've had errors like that I deleted the profiles on the USB, recopied them, and then attempted to import again. It's always worked for me on the second attempt.

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• The few times I've had errors like that I deleted the profiles on the USB, recopied them, and then attempted to import again. It's always worked for me on the second attempt.

No luck. Deleted everything that was in the "Shared" folder and copied all the rigs over again from my Mac. It starts the import process but the line only gets about 1/4 of the way through before the error message pops up again. Damn, this is frustrating. Just imported some rigs the other day and all was fine. Nothing has changed except I downloaded a couple more today.

Any other ideas?

• I remember that the only time i had this, the profile was corrupt. Check the filesize, mine was totally off. If everything seems normal you should try to upload the rig to the rig exchange as private and download it again.

Same here. I had that once and it was a corrupt profile. I found that after I removed one profile after the other from the shared folder (I was only importing 6 profiles, so no big deal) and after I removed one specific profile, everything worked well.

• Additionally, if you find out which one is causing you this issue, please share its details here, so we know in the future if another member experiences the same problem. :thumbup:

Or we could also let Support know and remove it from the web.

• Not sure what caused it, but seems to be working fine now after a USB reformat.

Another question - can you have sub-folders under the "Shared" folder. For example, if I stuck all my cabinets in a "Cab" folder within the Shared folder, would the Kemper see them properly?

It should, my USB has a cab folder and it works fine

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• I have had the same problem today with the X Error message on import. In the end I reformatted the USB stick backed up my rigs and started again.