Kemper powered Kab

• it would be intetesting to hear and watch comparisson between powered cab and Yamaha dxr10 at YouTube, but nothing is posted.? i have a dxr10 and want to know if the change to the powered cab is a burner or not.

Cry Baby Slash Classic Wah -> KPA -> main to FOH ->KRK6 -> Monitor out DXR10 -> EXP DVP3 -> Remote: Guitars: Slash Gibson Les Paul Custom Shop - James Tyler Variax JTV59 - Epiphone Les Paul with EMG 81 - Furch GN2 Nylon -> Maybach Lester 60 -> Kemper Powered Cab -/ Focusrite Scarlett

• I have had a few people scoff at me for putting my non-powered Kemper Rack in an enclosure that looks like an amp head (see avatar pic to left). Now I have a feeling it will look perfect sitting on a Kemper Power Kab!

And it sounds as great as it looks! I updated to latest OS, added in the Power Boost, etc. and it can be gig volume loud, or I can turn it down and play at very quiet levels. I had been playing thru headphones all of this time, it is so wonderful to move some air when I want to. I am also hearing some pleasant differences with the Kab vs headphones...!

• it would be intetesting to hear and watch comparisson between powered cab and Yamaha dxr10 at YouTube, but nothing is posted.? i have a dxr10 and want to know if the change to the powered cab is a burner or not.

DXR10 is a wonderful FRFR speaker. I've used it for gigs and at home. Sounds great.

The Kabinet is a different animal. It gives you that amp in the room feel/sound. It also is the intended Kab to use Imprints. Not that you can't send Imprints to any other speaker on the Monitor output, but the Kabinet was specifically designed for the Imprints.

• Hmmm... not sure what to say. I had band practice last weekend outside with the Kabinet and a Camplifier 290 (90 watts per side).

I had the power boost up 3/4 and it kept up with the whole band no problem.

In your video what kind of speaker was being used with the SD170?

I use a Celestion Blue Alnico 15W. But I don't understand the reason why I need Power Boost....

• I'm just guessing here, but the Kone is a 200w speaker, and I'm thinking that it is less efficient than your 15w speaker. Hopefully someone will come along and correct or agree.

I can’t find the sensitivity for the Kone but the Celestion K12 that is is apparently based on is 98db while the Alnico Blue is 100db so you are right, you would expect the Blue to sound louder with the same input.

• This seemingly bug is a feature instead!

Every Profiler and the Kemper Power Kabinet is perfectly matched in level.

In difference to an external power amp, it is impossible to hard-clip the power amp of the Kabinet.

For higher volumes, the analog volume control on the Kabinet should be set to maximum.

Then the volume is solely controlled by the Monitor Volume and the Power Amp Boost.

• Hi,

Someone knows if a day the power cabinet will be available in the music shop ?

Actually,it is only available on internet and i should confess that's not really convenient to try it...

Thanks

• Hi,

Someone knows if a day the power cabinet will be available in the music shop ?

Actually,it is only available on internet and i should confess that's not really convenient to try it...

Thanks

Places like Sweetwater in the states or Anderson’s or Thomann should. Almost no chance the local Guitar Center will.

But…..you can always do your research, order and return if you don’t like it.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• Places like Sweetwater in the states or Anderson’s or Thomann should. Almost no chance the local Guitar Center will.

But…..you can always do your research, order and return if you don’t like it.

...and you can't really tell in a music shop anyway, so better to do this.

• ...and you can't really tell in a music shop anyway, so better to do this.

What? Say it ain't so! I happen to find that the passive-aggressive master volume competition between aspiring shredders in Guitar Center a more than adequate atmosphere for distinguishing tonal nuances between different rigs. ;)

• ...passive-aggressive master volume competition between aspiring shredders in Guitar Center...

Brilliant description :thumbup:

I love those signs in music shops where it often says something like "Please have mercy with all the people who work here... so no Metallica, no ACDC, no Stairway To Heaven for testing... otherwise we'll need to drastically increase the price for the gear you are testing!"8o

• What? Say it ain't so! I happen to find that the passive-aggressive master volume competition between aspiring shredders in Guitar Center a more than adequate atmosphere for distinguishing tonal nuances between different rigs. ;)

Excellent description. Just brilliant.

When it gets fun is when the two players, instead of fighting each other, trade licks or play 'together' in some manner. It happens once in a blue moon.....but so enjoyable.

Then....the teenager with the "Death is Life" t-shirt and 40-color hair turns a Line6 Spider up on insane to play an out-of-tune Schecter, creating the worst rendition of Crazy Train possible.

We laugh.....because it's true. (and I've been that teenager) :)

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• Now that is funny but so true..