Kemper powered Kab

• Out of my price range @ $1400 cad plus duty for a one speaker cab. I don’t like where the volume button is personally. Glad I didn’t wait and picked up an external power amp. Looks like I’ll be buying some kones and installing in my cab.

• Why are Canadians getting Dinged an extra $400 cad ? $789 usd converts to $990 cad yet Canadians price is $1390 ? I’d pay $990 but not a chance for this $400 cad markup. I’d love to hear the reasoning behind the markup though.

• or the 200AS1 (designed for guitar cabs)

The ICEpower 200AS1 features an extremely capable fly back power supply with a continuous power capability of 160W and a short-term power of 300W, combined with a 200W class D amplifier.

The 200AS1 is designed for use in guitar amplifiers, bass amplifiers, subwoofers and active speakers without the need for forced cooling. The 200AS1 is pin compatible with the 100AS1 and 100AS2 and shares the same mechanical dimensions and mounting holes.

It certainly is a possibility. The only negative in this application is that the AS1 requires a balanced input, which the KPA does not send. It isn't a problem, but does require a small (but necessary) extra bit of circuitry to function in this application.

The 200ASC accepts an unbalanced signal with nothing extra. It's literally plug-n-play with no added circuitry.

Regardless - this is a *very* nice development for Kemper owners.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• The non-powered kab only has a $200cad price difference compared to U.S. and they are similar size and weight. Anyway, there is no reasonable explanation for this that I can think of. P

Edited once, last by Yzman82 ().

• This $400 price gouge to Canadians has me turned, I’m either giving my kemper to my girlfriend or selling it. This is the final push for me to switch, quad cortex incoming. No good for them to say it was shipping either because the non-powered kab only has a $200cad price gouge compared to U.S. and they are similar size and weight. Anyway, there is no reasonable explanation for this that I can think of. It was great chatting with you all. I still think the kemper is a good unit.

What I don’t understand: why should Kemper be made responsible for a $400 price increase for Canada?

• LOL because they set the price. The conversion from the usd price to Canadian is $990 cad but they are charging $1390 cad. Now some will argue shipping and duty included ? Nope people are still are getting charged duty so kemper is not paying that. As for shipping the non powered kab after conversion from usd price to Canadian is $200 extra. Now if that $200 is for shipping from Germany to Canada shouldn’t it be the same for the powered kab given they are similar size and weight from the website ? Also, the U.S. price includes shipping also. Which means it had to come from Germany to U.S. ain’t that much difference in distance and shouldn’t be that much difference in shipping.

Edited 2 times, last by Yzman82 ().

• Now if I decided to stay with kemper brand, being a Canadian I can expect to pay more for future products for no explainable reason. I know shipping is more but and I understand those extra costs but I’m not paying more because they decided to charge us more than other countries. I see a small markup on other brands but this is to much for me. I want to clarify I am not bashing kemper products though they are certainly good.

• Now if I decided to stay with kemper brand, being a Canadian I can expect to pay more for future products for no explainable reason. I know shipping is more but and I understand those extra costs but I’m not paying more because they decided to charge us more than other countries. I see a small markup on other brands but this is to much for me. I want to clarify I am not bashing kemper products though they are certainly good.

Has the something as dramatic as this happened with any other Kemper product? I'm asking as I do not know.

If not, then the question becomes why is this *one* item so much more? It makes little sense for Kemper to single out Canada and screw them over 'just because'.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

The next step now is a Kemper Kombo amp, that would be the creme de la creme!

Yes, I am expecting that as well, as it would give Remote sales an added boost, for new buyers, and what a package that would be !!!