Kemper powered Kab

• Excellent description, thank you!!

“I used to jog but the ice cubes kept falling out of my glass.”

Dave Lee Roth of Van Halen - 1979

• There is no replacement for displacement.

CK

Growing up in America, where my dad was part of the very first generation of Hot Rodders (early post WW2)......this phrase says more to me than anything else. Bravo.

A more engine-focused variant of this phrase is "The only substitute for cubic inches is more cubic inches."

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• This looks really good, well done Team Kemper!

I have been waiting for this for a while, having an unpowered Kemper, but I am now a bit curious to know what's the difference between going with a power amp into an unpowered Kabinet versus going into a powered Kabinet.

I'm also curious if anyone would suggest going with a different kind of cabinet altogether? I have an EVM12L equipped cabinet I like with the Kemper, but have yet to try the Kabinet. I play metal, so it's a real dilemma for me over whether to spend or abstain.

• UPS delivered already!

Oh man, this looks SO GOOD, and it sounds SO GOOD!

The 3rd picture is a Power Kabinet plus a normal Kabinet.

What a great halfstack, in stereo!

This is the missing piece for a complete ecosystem of tonal bliss.

Thank you, Kemper!

[Blocked Image: https://abload.de/img/mobile.1016ukrm.jpeg]

[Blocked Image: https://abload.de/img/mobile.102c0kna.jpeg]
    [Blocked Image: https://abload.de/img/mobile.105r6j8v.jpeg]

• Man I am happy for you!! I'm glad you think it is worth it, I will probably make the plunge as soon as it is available in the US. - I can probably find it but what was your previous setup?

“I used to jog but the ice cubes kept falling out of my glass.”

Dave Lee Roth of Van Halen - 1979

• Man I am happy for you!! I'm glad you think it is worth it, I will probably make the plunge as soon as it is available in the US. - I can probably find it but what was your previous setup?

Previous setup was a Kabinet I powered with a Seymour Duncan PS-170 (I own a Stage).

Now in glorious stereo! ;)

• Does it sound better than normal unpowered Kabinet. ?

• How would I balance a Kabinet hooked to a powered profiler and add a Powered kabinet to monitor out? The wattage meter is only for the regular Kabinet. Would I just use my ears at center stereo field to check volume level from the powered profiler wattage meter of the regular kabinet?

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• How would I balance a Kabinet hooked to a powered profiler and add a Powered kabinet to monitor out? The wattage meter is only for the regular Kabinet. Would I just use my ears at center stereo field to check volume level from the powered profiler wattage meter of the regular kabinet?

Using your ears is great practice I think.

• Congratulations, Ingolf !

Big question: powered Kemper into unpowered Kabinet vs outputs into powered Kabinet. Which do you prefer? Which route would you suggest if I can only get one Kabinet, if price isn't a consideration?

• Hmmm...

I have 2 Kabinets and a SD700 amp with an unpowered toaster.

Today, I can gig both Kabs with 2 electrical cords behind me, and a cable for my remote to the back.

If I were to start again with powered Kabs I'd have 3 electrical cords behind me, and a cable for the remote.

If I had a Stage I'd have one electrical cord, and two cables from the Stage to the back, and 2 more electrical cords at the back (total 3).

Hmmm... just thinkin' out loud... or typing silently...:D

• Congratulations, Ingolf !

Big question: powered Kemper into unpowered Kabinet vs outputs into powered Kabinet. Which do you prefer? Which route would you suggest if I can only get one Kabinet, if price isn't a consideration?

Powered Kemper into unpowered vs into powered Kabinet sounds exactly the same.

If you are determined to stay on a powered version of the Profiler go unpowered. If you are eyeing for a Stage consider a powered one.

• Well...

I think you're covered.

The SD-700 is as good as it gets.

• THAT is a great explanation!!!