Kemper powered Kab

• Yup, I get that :) but wondering how useable it is with other modellers as I have a powered Kemper anyway, so don’t necessarily need the powered cab, but if it also works for other devices I might trade my Yamaha Dxr ;)

Ingolf have you tried it with your QC yet?

• It would be cool if they had a powered version of the cab that could switch imprints without the kemper unit. Imagine how many they would sell to customers who just want a powered guitar speaker. Universal competition for the L6 powercab

• Yup, I get that :) but wondering how useable it is with other modellers as I have a powered Kemper anyway, so don’t necessarily need the powered cab, but if it also works for other devices I might trade my Yamaha Dxr ;)

Ingolf have you tried it with your QC yet?

No, because it will sound like a cab with 3 blankets thrown over it.

You can easily try this when you switch off Kemper Kone in the output menu.

Sounds muffled and dull.

• Being a loyal Kemper customer since 2012, I started with the non-powered profiler.

Then, the Kemper pedalboard when it was released and I have just ordered the Power Kabinet.

The Kemper is, by far, the only piece of music gear that I have consistently used almost daily for so long, apart from guitars and I still absolutely love it.

The new offerings from competitors are definitely sexy and probably sound good as well but I have no interest to change. My opinion is that competitors are complicating their own products lineup by offering too many variations of the same thing. I’ve been burned by one the competitors many times in the pre-Kemper era.

I like that Kemper has a strong stable foundation.

Anyway, long live Kemper.

• How does the Kemper Powered Kab sound at lower (i.e. “bedroom”) volumes? I have been playing my Kemper Rack thru headphones, but there are times where I would like to hear it out loud, but at reasonable volumes.

Of course, there are also times I want to have my neighbors hear me practice, LOL!

• How does the Kemper Powered Kab sound at lower (i.e. “bedroom”) volumes? I have been playing my Kemper Rack thru headphones, but there are times where I would like to hear it out loud, but at reasonable volumes.

Of course, there are also times I want to have my neighbors hear me practice, LOL!

It sounds great at bedroom volumes as well as cranked.

• It sounds great at bedroom volumes as well as cranked.

Thanks Ingolf and congrats on your purchase! I have a non powered Kemper rack and a Mission Gemini 2x12 which I love but it weighs 65 Ibs. I think I see 2 powered Kemper Cabinets in my future. I like to play bedroom volume and cranked so it is good to know that it does both well.

• I can't imagine 200 watts with the speaker generally pointed toward you wouldn't work on anything except the loudest of loud stages. If it doesn't.....I (genuinely) hope you're using ear protection. :)

I've routinely used half that wattage with a solid-state power amp with a 112 and had zero trouble hearing myself. Didn't have to push the amp past 4.

Yeah, I hope so but 200 watts of solid state power can be very deceiving when it comes to clean headroom. I play in (and sub for) some of the top event bands in the NYC area and most of what we play is dance/R&B/funk/Motown music where the guitar needs to be very clean with almost no breakup. Most of the bands have 3-4 singers, 2-3 horns, & a full rhythm section plus percussion. The singers all have monitor wedges (which basically just end up hitting the rhythm section behind them :) ) so we're constantly competing to hear ourselves. I have a 40 watt Redplate tube amp that can hang in these situations but I'm still pretty skeptical when it comes to 200 watts of solid state power. I hope I'm wrong though!

• I would be surprised if someone doesn't make an IR that serves to flatten the EQ of the Kone, and use that to allow the Kone to work with other modelers. Feed that IR into one of the small pedalboard IR loaders (like the Nux Studio or ridiculously low priced Sonic IR cab simulator), put that between your modeler and the powered Kab, and off you go.

• I would be surprised if someone doesn't make an IR that serves to flatten the EQ of the Kone, and use that to allow the Kone to work with other modelers. Feed that IR into one of the small pedalboard IR loaders (like the Nux Studio or ridiculously low priced Sonic IR cab simulator), put that between your modeler and the powered Kab, and off you go.

Awful lot of effort (and money) to buy and use the Kone for something it was never remotely intended for.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• Didn't realise you had gone Kabinet, glad you like it!!! Nice to see you can use powered and unpowered together with no issues.

I've had 2 unpowered now for a number of weeks and love 'em

• No, because it will sound like a cab with 3 blankets thrown over it.

You can easily try this when you switch off Kemper Kone in the output menu.

Sounds muffled and dull.

Ingolf, do you think this is the case with the unpowered kabinet as well?

Connecting my HX stomp to the ISP Stealth Power amp and to the Kabinet does not give me this impression at all.

• It sounds great at bedroom volumes as well as cranked.

That's what i wanted to know. I have neighbours and I run my Boss Katana head at 0,5 Watt into a Marshall 1922 2X12. I play my Kemper on my KRK monitors now but i'm tempted to get the powered cab.

• Ingolf, do you think this is the case with the unpowered kabinet as well?

Connecting my HX stomp to the ISP Stealth Power amp and to the Kabinet does not give me this impression at all.

Sounds definitely more muffled than expected/than with the corrective EQ (I.e. Kone setting ON).