Kemper powered Kab

• It would be cool if they had a powered version of the cab that could switch imprints without the kemper unit. Imagine how many they would sell to customers who just want a powered guitar speaker. Universal competition for the L6 powercab

Yup, I get that :) but wondering how useable it is with other modellers as I have a powered Kemper anyway, so don’t necessarily need the powered cab, but if it also works for other devices I might trade my Yamaha Dxr ;)

Ingolf have you tried it with your QC yet?

Theoretically, you can try to create IRs from the imprints by running frequency sweeps through the Kemper with Kone mode and whatever imprint activated (and using a profile with amp switched off so the EQ won't be colored by it). Then those IRs can be loaded into Helix, QC, or IR loader pedal and used with the Kone/Kab.

• Thanks. Hard to tell whats going on there - the picture is too small.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I think they must have removed the handle, thanks!

• Sounds definitely more muffled than expected/than with the corrective EQ (I.e. Kone setting ON).

Isnt sending from the Helix ( with a cab or IR) to the Kabinet ( powered or not) esentially using it as FRFR?

I find it sounds rather nice :)

Just my 2 cents.

It would be interesting to know what experiences users are having using the Kab/Kone with other modellers.

• I like the look, but why put a leather carrying handle on top? Is it easily removed without affecting esthetics? Where is my toaster supposed to go? I suppose I can turn it on its side?

The elevation of the Kabinets handle is 8 mm, while the hight of the Profilers feet is 10 mm.

So you can place a Profiler Head or Rack on top of the Kabinet, without any modifications.

This is not a coincidence :)

• Sorry but will these work to have a Feedback monitor? I want to be able to have feedback in my solos in stage but with inears i cant. That is the last thing im missing! Love my Unpowered white toaster as nothing in my life

Kemper White

Apogee Ensemble Thunderbolt

MOTU Ultralite MK2

ELAM 251 Handmade

• Isnt sending from the Helix ( with a cab or IR) to the Kabinet ( powered or not) esentially using it as FRFR?

I find it sounds rather nice :)

Just my 2 cents.

It would be interesting to know what experiences users are having using the Kab/Kone with other modellers.

No, because the Kone on its own is GFR, not FRFR. The corrective EQ applied using the Profiler's DSP when the Kone setting is ON takes it closer to FRFR specs and without it it is just a slightly more broadband guitar speaker.

• No, because the Kone on its own is GFR, not FRFR. The corrective EQ applied using the Profiler's DSP when the Kone setting is ON takes it closer to FRFR specs and without it it is just a slightly more broadband guitar speaker.

I see...

I might be tone deaf then, but it really sounds alright to my ears... ^^

Not Kemper good, but decent good.

• No, because the Kone on its own is GFR, not FRFR. The corrective EQ applied using the Profiler's DSP when the Kone setting is ON takes it closer to FRFR specs and without it it is just a slightly more broadband guitar speaker.

wouldn’t this mean that it would sound fine tho if you used a helix etc without a cab ir? I mean if it’s basically gfr anyway?

• wouldn’t this mean that it would sound fine tho if you used a helix etc without a cab ir? I mean if it’s basically gfr anyway?I

I did some testing with another profile on the Hx and it seems the "gurus" are correct. :)

With the cab engaged the sound does get muffled.

Not sure if 3 blankets though.. Maybe 2?? ^^

On the clean profile I was testing it was nice because it kind of warmed it up. taking off the top end.

With the cab off, it sounds shrill. Specially the high gain.

So, I guess with some eq you could make it work with the cab engaged, but as its been said, its not ideal.

I apologize for causing any confusion...:)

• Got mine today, going to compare with a BAM powered one.

First I thought the cab is somehow broken because it felt rathet quiet with -20 output setting I’ve used with BAM. Might be because BAM has preamp also and rather different volume knob scaling.

Are there some design notes regarding the input sensitivity? Like input tolerates max monitor output level without clipping.