Kemper powered Kab

• That flat setting was my starting point. I was hearing some differences EQ wise and with transients/note attack. I even took some A/B clips, but while listening back I noticed the mic wasn't optimally located so the recording doesn't fully translate. Anyway need to take some additional takes with fresh ears still later on.

• Did you notice any sound difference between powered Kemper and unpowered Kemper with Tc Bam200 preamp?

I don't have the powered Kab but did own the Bam200 and an ICEpower 200ASC (which is tonally similar to the ICEPower 300AS in the powered Kab).

When using the "flat" EQ setting on the Bam, the differences between the two were pretty minimal in my opinion. The ICEPower 200ASC may have had slightly better low end, but if anything it was subtle at best and hard to really notice.

I ended up keeping the ICEPower but mostly just out the convenience of being able to wire it directly into the speaker cabinet, and not having to worry about running a speaker cable or dialing in the eq settings. I liked the tone and form factor of the Bam though, and a unit like that is nice to have as a backup or if you ever need to run the Kemper or other modeler into another guitar cabinet... Wish they would make one with a simple switch to bypasss the EQ .

• This is probably a stupid question, but.. Do we have to buy the Kemper Kone or do they come installed in the Kabinet ?

You can buy either Kone speaker separately (and install it to the cabinet of your choice) or you can buy Kabinet (powered or unpowered). You can get more info on the Kemper web.

• Both the powered Kabinet and unpowered Kabinet come with the same Kone speakers installed, and both allow you to use the Kemper imprints.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• Ok. Finally back from the beach and got my Powered Kab all plugged up. It sounds great, although I notice, despite it's 200W rating, it is significantly quieter than my unpowered Kab with the SD PS170 powering it.

I know that power ratings are less than objective measures of how loud a power amp will drive a speaker, but I am surprised by the volume difference. The Powered Kab at full volume is about equal to the PS170 at about 60% volume.

Has anybody else with both of these combinations ( Ingolf ? ) noticed this too?

Pedal Board (Fuzz Fella>ClinchFX Pico>Flashback>Alter Ego>Unit67)>Kemper Floor>SD PS170>Kabinet

• Ok. Finally back from the beach and got my Powered Kab all plugged up. It sounds great, although I notice, despite it's 200W rating, it is significantly quieter than my unpowered Kab with the SD PS170 powering it.

I know that power ratings are less than objective measures of how loud a power amp will drive a speaker, but I am surprised by the volume difference. The Powered Kab at full volume is about equal to the PS170 at about 60% volume.

Do the update to the latest OS on the Kemper and use the "Power Amp Boost" option.

Should be good to go.

• Do the update to the latest OS on the Kemper and use the "Power Amp Boost" option.

Should be good to go.

Hmmm. I did the updated. The Power Amp Boost adjustment does nothing. I also tried boosting the Monitor output too. Also no effect. There's got to be a bug here somewhere.

I guess I'll put in a support ticket. :(

Pedal Board (Fuzz Fella>ClinchFX Pico>Flashback>Alter Ego>Unit67)>Kemper Floor>SD PS170>Kabinet

It’s about the same here my friend. The PS-170 is extremely loud.

• At the advice of Kemper Support, I did an Init Globals from the first page of the System menu and it seems to resolved the weirdness I was having. The Power Amp Boost works properly now, as does the Monitor output levels. I guess something got munged in my settings but the reset of the Global settings got me back on track.

The PowerKab is still a bit quieter than the PS170 at similar settings (and maxed out), but the difference is MUCH smaller now and the PowerKab will definitely get to workable gigging volumes now.

Thanks Kemper Support! :)

• Hi,

I bought a Kemper Power Cabinet on may 2021. It doesn't work fine, the volume is too low, and doesn't have good definition, sounds thin and crispy. I'm very disapointted with this product, but I think the product is defective, before to buy the kabinet I used a Seymour Duncan Power Stage of 170W, connected to a 10 inch cabinet, today I've compared my kemper profiler stage connected to Seymour Duncan vs Kemper Power Kabinet, I don't understand the reason why I need to put the volume of the kemper kabinet to 10 when in Seymour Duncan is 2, if kemper Kabinet has 200W and Seymour Duncan 170W, the volume must to be similar but Kemper offers about 20% of volume than Seymour Duncan. And used the same monitor output, wihout kone emulation.

Some has the same problem?

Regards,

• Do the update to the latest OS on the Kemper and use the "Power Amp Boost" option.

Should be good to go.

• Just ordered off the Power Kab off the Kemper-USA site. Couldn't find it on the Sweetwater site, then I pinged my rep and he couldn't find any info on it in the back system. I'm wondering if Kemper is only going to sell direct moving forward?

Anyway, thanks for the Power Amp Boost/ Init Global tip. Here's too hoping it will be loud and proud!

'19 Relish Eucalypt Mary | '17 PRS McCarty 594 | '15 PRS 408 | '96 PRS Custom 22 | '78 Les Paul Custom | '19 Silver Sky

Kemper Toaster | Rack | Remote

Friedman ASM-12 | Atomic CLR Neo Mk II Wedge | ValveTrain Powertrain Studio 20

• Gigged Saturday with new Power Kab. Had OS with PowerAmpBoost. Hung with my band just fine…..and we are loud. I use IEM’s but bass player had to turn up his SVT from what he usually has it at……I did have things turned up to about 75% volume both on stage and Kab.

Edited 2 times, last by jjborsa ().