A Small Gift

• I have decided to give away a project that I wrote in the nineties and that I finally finished, thirty years later.
    At the time, I had dedicated my musical life to writing and performing an original blend of progressive world fusion.
    I was very fortunate to have world class players such as Richard Bona, Ralph Bowen, Will Calhoun, Dominique Berose, and many others, contributing to my effort.
    I used my DAW to produce, orchestrate and perform those tunes, at a time when computer-based recording was in its infancy:
    not the ideal platform for what should have been live performances captured in a great space.
    Nonetheless, I am happy to finally let go, and release this fusion blend of West African, Caribbean, Jazz, Funk, Rock, Electronic… influences.

The music world has drastically changed since the nineties, and to many, music should be free.
    I do not agree with this notion, especially when the income that sustained artists has now been re-directed into the pockets
    of huge corporations.
    But what I care about most, is that some find enjoyment in this collection.

This is not night time, relaxing music: it is full of the energy of a younger musician, better suited to start the day, rather than to finish it.
    You will find download links at this page, as well as a link for donations, in case you would like to support the production of a new collection of recent pieces.:

https://www.patrickdecaumette.com/discography-1-1

Happy listening!