Compression Pedal with Blend control (Wampler Ego) causing strange overtone on non-clean profiles

• EDIT: Played around with my setup some more and I am not sure what I fixed, but I fixed something and the issue is no longer present. Could have been a faulty connection or some electrical feedback

So I just traded in my Friedman Sir-Compre for a Wampler Ego compression pedal and am getting a very strange overtone or doubling effect on any non-clean profile. I am not talking gained up heavy profiles, but even slightly dirty fender profiles. I initially thought it was a bad pedal, but after exchanging for the exact one I played in store that sounded amazing, I am still having the issue at home on my Kemper.

Setup is a standard pedal board with Fuzz, Wah, Compression, Greer LS, JHS Bonzai and Tumnus all going straight into the alt input with a 1 Spot CS6 pro power supply. I Have run this setup for awhile with ZERO issues until adding the Wampler Ego in. I really love this pedal and want to make this work, but am concerned it has something to do with the Blend control sending two signals into the Kemper that is is having trouble coping with on gain profiles. The blend control is a primary reason I got this pedal and it would be a shame to have to go to something else, but I am open to options. For anyone who cares, I am using an external compression pedal so that I can maintain the signal path I prefer without having to mess with the FX loop. I wanted to have a board that runs prior to any stomps in the Kemper to keep more options open for modulation and pitch effects after my drives.

Anyone experience this issue or have ideas? Much appreciated.