Moving multiple performances from local library to kemper in rig manager.

• Hey all. I create my performances on a per song basis. When I run out of my 125 performance limit, I move ones I don't need to the local rig manager. This is really easy and super intuitive. But moving them back is a total pain.

First there's no drag and drop from local library to Kemper performances. Why???

Second, if I copy multiple performances in the library and then try to paste them into the Kemper, it only pastes one performance instead of the group of performances I copied. Instead I have to copy/paste each one individually, to get performances I need back into the Kemper.

It's a real pain in the butt so any help y'all have would be really appreciated!

• Performances on the KPA have specific, hard-coded spots in memory. You can only copy to one location at a time, which is why when you copy multiple, it only pastes one. The system is only 'looking' at one location.

There is no workaround and there's no fix. Its working as designed.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• Performances on the KPA have specific, hard-coded spots in memory. You can only copy to one location at a time, which is why when you copy multiple, it only pastes one. The system is only 'looking' at one location.

There is no workaround and there's no fix. Its working as designed.

Thankyou for your time answering this.

This is really unfortunate. That means running out of performance slots is really fatal to work flow.

• Interesting, I'm not sure why I didn't think of this. My Kemper is not with me until Sunday, but I will try then. Thanks for the advice!!

• I have all my songs set up per performance as well and was getting close to going over the limit because I play in a second band sometimes. I can't wait to try paults idea. I did a spreadsheet with all of the rigs that I use in each performance and found that I basically use the same 7 profiles with some change in each (chorus, flange, wah etc. I would switch from song to song via Bluetooth using an iPad and the Bandhelper app which works great. After I figured out I am only using 7 profiles I basically made 2 performances that covers everything - I find my sound and volumes to be more level and I really prefer this simpler method basically treating each of the 2 performances like 5 channel amps. I can get what I want on the fly pretty easy. That being said it is pretty cool to have my setlist on the Ipad and just press the song name and it switches the KPA to the desired setting. - I might go back and change the midi codes to match my 2 new profiles to do that - that being said it sounds like paults has the solution you are looking for.

“I used to jog but the ice cubes kept falling out of my glass.”

Dave Lee Roth of Van Halen - 1979

• Unfortunately this does not appear to work. The moment you select multiple performance slots in rig manager, the "paste" command greys out. Ctrl-V doesn't work either. Too bad, I really thought that might work.

• Running latest Rig Manager (Mac OS) and latest KPA firmware - This still doesn't appear to work, can't Copy/Paste multiple performances to Profiler from Local Library. Bit of a PIA tbh as I work with multiple bands and set lists and having to copy one performance (song) at a time is well, rather time consuming.

How do I highlight this to Kemper / add a feature request - although its not really a feature request as it used to work.

• Running latest Rig Manager (Mac OS) and latest KPA firmware - This still doesn't appear to work, can't Copy/Paste multiple performances to Profiler from Local Library. Bit of a PIA tbh as I work with multiple bands and set lists and having to copy one performance (song) at a time is well, rather time consuming.

How do I highlight this to Kemper / add a feature request - although its not really a feature request as it used to work.

I was just about to write “yes you can” and then realised.. I think I’ve only ever done this the other direction - from Profiler to RM.. which definitely works . I’ve only just started using Kemper in the context of multiple shows so haven’t needed to do it the other way YET.

I just tried it from RM and you’re right. Highlighting multiple Performances in RM and then either copy / paste OR click and drag (using a second RM window) to MyProfiler does not work.

then I thought, ok let’s be sneaky - I’ll import the performances from file system (as I back them up to folders on disk). Nope - you can’t import to Profiler, only to RM !

wtf… this is going to drive me nuts.

burkard are we missing something fundamental?

why can’t we click/drag or copy/paste multiple performances to a “starting” perf position and then it asks “are you really sure you want to overwrite XX performances?” And sequentially imports? (This is what other modellers do).