Is it possible to import Windows Folders?

• I recently purchased the Everything Pack from Tone Junkie.

The amps are organized in folders which is handy for quick searches.

I can drag and drop the .kipr files from each amp folder into Rig Manager but not the folder itself.

Is there a way to import the folder or must I create the folders in RM manually?

Thanks,

Paul

• Create your folder structure in %LocalAppData%l\Kemper Amps\RigManager\Local Librarywhile RM is NOT running.
    When you start Rigmanager you will see the new folders.
    After that you have to import the rigs manually into the folder structure.

I'm using rsync on Mac but you can any other program to create folder structure. I think rsync is also available for Windows.

This is my example on MAC copying the the Folder Structure from my dropbox to the "~/Library/Application Support/Kemper Amps/RigManager/Local Library/Tone-Junky" RigManager destination on MAC.

rsync -av -f"+ */" -f"- *" ~/Dropbox/_Kemper/PACK-PAYED/ToneJunkie_Everything\ Pack/ ~/Library/Application\ Support/Kemper\ Amps/RigManager/Local\ Library/Tone-Junky

rsync -av -f"+ */" -f"- *" ~/Dropbox/_Kemper/PACK-PAYED/ToneJunkie_Everything\ Pack/_IR_PACK ~/Library/Application\ Support/Kemper\ Amps/RigManager/Prst/Local\ Library/Cab/Tone-Junky

Be the force with you ;)

• In Windows 10 the path is:

C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Kemper Amps\RigManager

Again this way you just create the folder structure, the content has to be copied separately :(

• although I created individual folders for each profiler (MBritt, Tone Junkie, BHP etc) and copied everything into the appropriate folder I actually think it might be better to not use folders at all. Why? Because RM cannot currently perform searches on sub folders. Therefore, if I want to find a Matchless Chieftain rig for example I can’t just enter Chief in the search menu and find all Chieftain rigs. The search only shows the rigs in the currently selected folder so I need to know which folder it is in before looking which defeats the point of a search.

So far I have removed all rig pack folders but left profiler folders. For example I have a Tone Junkie folder with every single rig from the Everything Pack in the same folder level (not individual amp folders). That way, if I know I want a Tone Junkie rig I can go to the folder and search all his rigs. I still need to know which profile creator I am looking for and search multiple folders rather than just a single search. I have held off from removing all folders so far in the hope that sub folder searches would be added but think my next move is now going to be to remove all profile creator folders too.

• although I created individual folders for each profiler (MBritt, Tone Junkie, BHP etc) and copied everything into the appropriate folder I actually think it might be better to not use folders at all. Why? Because RM cannot currently perform searches on sub folders. Therefore, if I want to find a Matchless Chieftain rig for example I can’t just enter Chief in the search menu and find all Chieftain rigs. The search only shows the rigs in the currently selected folder so I need to know which folder it is in before looking which defeats the point of a search.

So far I have removed all rig pack folders but left profiler folders. For example I have a Tone Junkie folder with every single rig from the Everything Pack in the same folder level (not individual amp folders). That way, if I know I want a Tone Junkie rig I can go to the folder and search all his rigs. I still need to know which profile creator I am looking for and search multiple folders rather than just a single search. I have held off from removing all folders so far in the hope that sub folder searches would be added but think my next move is now going to be to remove all profile creator folders too.

On MacOS (Rig Manager v3.1.62) you can just click on "All Rigs" at the top and then search through everything (incl. subfolders, Rig Exchange and Rig Packs). Still a nice structure is better in my eyes.

I habe subfolder for each Author and when i find a great profile set, i just make another subfolder for that specific amp. Oh and also a test-folder where i copy & paste new rigs into, because i would totally forget what i found 2 hours ago...

• Yes, I know you can search all content including Rig Exchange and Factory Content but that often yields too many results to be useful without the inclusion of multi level searches.

It is all or nothing at the moment. A better solution would be the offer the ability to search a folder including all content in sub folders. Without this sub folders can be more of a hindrance than a help.

I'm thinking of removing all profile vendor related folders and just having a master commercial profiles folder with everything in it. A second folder for my own profiles and possibly a folder for edited rigs.

• A better solution would be the offer the ability to search a folder including all content in sub folders. Without this sub folders can be more of a hindrance than a help.

Indeed, Alan.

I hit the point of frustration hard-enough to create this FR thread back in 2015. I focussed on browsing convenience, but it goes without saying that searching is a component of the process:

Three "Features" RM Simply Must Have