Sweep picking profiles ?

• Not sure what you mean.

Sweep picking is a technique. Some profiles may make it sound more articulate. But unless I misunderstand, there is no ‘sweep picking profile’.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• Be sure to use the neck pickup though for the "classical" shreddy sweep picking sound. And a healthy amount of gain.

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• I tried sweep picking in the past. but gave up. I don't have long enough fingers for it. ?( But it's not something important for me. Tapping isn't either a part of my style either. Others do that better than me so I leave it to them. ;)

Think for yourself, or others will think for you wihout thinking of you

Henry David Thoreau

• I think it's not depending on finger lenght. Not that I can sweep pick but I'm getting nearer. And my fingers are the shortest on earth... :)

I could have farted and it would have sounded good! (Brian Johnson)

• I think it's not depending on finger lenght. Not that I can sweep pick but I'm getting nearer. And my fingers are the shortest on earth... :)

Agreed. I don't sweep pick, but like GearJocke that has more to do with the music I like to play. Both sweeping and tapping are useless for what I'm into. From a technical perspective, I'd love to have the facility to play bot. Even if I devoted the time to become proficient 'just because', I'd *never* use either technique in my own playing.

I enjoy watching videos of Yngwie from time to time. The velocity, articulation, showmanship and complete lack of visible effort (<- which tells me it's NOT at all easy) really is something to behold. He's one of the few sweep pickers that uses it as a tool and not just to look impressive. Even though he wants you to be impressed. ;)

I find both techniques more fun to watch than to listen to. If that makes any sense.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• Agreed. I don't sweep pick, but like GearJocke that has more to do with the music I like to play. Both sweeping and tapping are useless for what I'm into. From a technical perspective, I'd love to have the facility to play bot. Even if I devoted the time to become proficient 'just because', I'd *never* use either technique in my own playing.

I enjoy watching videos of Yngwie from time to time. The velocity, articulation, showmanship and complete lack of visible effort (<- which tells me it's NOT at all easy) really is something to behold. He's one of the few sweep pickers that uses it as a tool and not just to look impressive. Even though he wants you to be impressed. ;)

I find both techniques more fun to watch than to listen to. If that makes any sense.

Sweeping and tapping is what I'm into....I'm just useless at it :). I think its more than my fat fingers that are a hinderence...

Like any technique, it has to have something to say but like you I'm also taken back by anyone with effortless technique....hence Max Ostro is incredible :)

• You can use any profile but high-gain will be a bit harder to do. You have to strike and kill the note quickly before going to the next one especially with high-gain or you get too much resonance from the last note to the next one.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.