Sweep picking profiles ?

• Use any profile you like. There's no such thing as best profiles for sweep picking.

Think for yourself, or others will think for you wihout thinking of you

Henry David Thoreau

• Not sure what you mean.

Sweep picking is a technique. Some profiles may make it sound more articulate. But unless I misunderstand, there is no ‘sweep picking profile’.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• Be sure to use the neck pickup though for the "classical" shreddy sweep picking sound. And a healthy amount of gain.

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• I tried sweep picking in the past. but gave up. I don't have long enough fingers for it. ?( But it's not something important for me. Tapping isn't either a part of my style either. Others do that better than me so I leave it to them. ;)

Think for yourself, or others will think for you wihout thinking of you

Henry David Thoreau

• I think it's not depending on finger lenght. Not that I can sweep pick but I'm getting nearer. And my fingers are the shortest on earth... :)

I could have farted and it would have sounded good! (Brian Johnson)

• I think it's not depending on finger lenght. Not that I can sweep pick but I'm getting nearer. And my fingers are the shortest on earth... :)

Agreed. I don't sweep pick, but like GearJocke that has more to do with the music I like to play. Both sweeping and tapping are useless for what I'm into. From a technical perspective, I'd love to have the facility to play bot. Even if I devoted the time to become proficient 'just because', I'd *never* use either technique in my own playing.

I enjoy watching videos of Yngwie from time to time. The velocity, articulation, showmanship and complete lack of visible effort (<- which tells me it's NOT at all easy) really is something to behold. He's one of the few sweep pickers that uses it as a tool and not just to look impressive. Even though he wants you to be impressed. ;)

I find both techniques more fun to watch than to listen to. If that makes any sense.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• Agreed. I don't sweep pick, but like GearJocke that has more to do with the music I like to play. Both sweeping and tapping are useless for what I'm into. From a technical perspective, I'd love to have the facility to play bot. Even if I devoted the time to become proficient 'just because', I'd *never* use either technique in my own playing.

I enjoy watching videos of Yngwie from time to time. The velocity, articulation, showmanship and complete lack of visible effort (<- which tells me it's NOT at all easy) really is something to behold. He's one of the few sweep pickers that uses it as a tool and not just to look impressive. Even though he wants you to be impressed. ;)

I find both techniques more fun to watch than to listen to. If that makes any sense.

Sweeping and tapping is what I'm into....I'm just useless at it :). I think its more than my fat fingers that are a hinderence...

Like any technique, it has to have something to say but like you I'm also taken back by anyone with effortless technique....hence Max Ostro is incredible :)

• You can use any profile but high-gain will be a bit harder to do. You have to strike and kill the note quickly before going to the next one especially with high-gain or you get too much resonance from the last note to the next one.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.