Anyone using a real OD with your Kemper?

• I got a Maxon OD 808 and am using it with my Top Jimi Marshall based profiles with a marked improvement. With and with out the TS in the Stage I always use. Really adds a nice layer to open it up and take away that 'cocked wah' thing the Kemper TS can add.

Others?

• I've used a stereo Phaser in between Kemper outs and monitor ins that sounded better than the on board phaser, IMO. It was less harsh and trebly. So, I am open to try anything.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• I got a Maxon OD 808 and am using it with my Top Jimi Marshall based profiles with a marked improvement. With and with out the TS in the Stage I always use. Really adds a nice layer to open it up and take away that 'cocked wah' thing the Kemper TS can add.

Others?

I've used OD for a very long time. But the updated kemper drive works very good too to use.

Think for yourself, or others will think for you wihout thinking of you

Henry David Thoreau

Others?

The best tool is the one you know how to use better. Everytime I want to reach for my oldstyle sound, I get my old beaten fuzz face, and my tumnus. I am sure I can get close if I use the tools in the kemper, but my pedalboard is there, collecting dust, so I just plug in and get the tone I know and love instantly. Just a tiny amound of fuzz before the tumnus and I get a really nice fat overdriven spikey sound.

The answer is 42

• My fav OD to use is Metal DS because it brightens up some dark profiles. Other than that, I use the Green Scream on Fender profiles.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• I use several different drives. Haven’t found a built in setting that mimics a Wampler Euphoria.

That’s been an always-on for me for a while now.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• I keep a small (PT Nano+) board in from of my Floor with a Fuzz Face, a ClinchFX PICO PRE (a EP-3 preamp pedal), a couple of ambient delays, and a Drybell UNIT 67 (combination boost and compressor). I also use the Prince of Tone-ish Kemper Drive profile in the Floor. The combination of the above give me a killer range of fuzz, drive, crunch, and distortion sounds.

Pedal Board (Fuzz Fella>ClinchFX Pico>Flashback>Alter Ego>Unit67)>Kemper Floor>SD PS170>Kabinet

• Ruefus how does the Euphoria differ from the Wampler Tumnus? I know the Tumnus is a Klon type. Context of my tone is hard rock Marshall based

I have a Tumnus Deluxe as well. Both on the same board and often on together. They are completely different animals.

Easiest way to look at it is the Tumnus is a Klon-style where the Euphoria is sometimes called a Dumble-style. I don't use the Euphoria for a lot of gain. The knob never really gets past 9 or 10 o'clock.

I've used the Euphoria with all types of guitars. As for amps, clean Fenders and modded Marshalls (there's a Soldano profile that's just obscenely good). The Euphoria just does 'something' I like. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• I have a Tumnus Deluxe as well. Both on the same board and often on together. They are completely different animals.

Easiest way to look at it is the Tumnus is a Klon-style where the Euphoria is sometimes called a Dumble-style. I don't use the Euphoria for a lot of gain. The knob never really gets past 9 or 10 o'clock.

I've used the Euphoria with all types of guitars. As for amps, clean Fenders and modded Marshalls (there's a Soldano profile that's just obscenely good). The Euphoria just does 'something' I like. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I have heard the euphoria, it thickens the sound, gives a ton of mid body. The tumnus is more low mids body and a bit more crispy in the high end. I know by experience :D if I had to describe, ephoria is for carlos santana tone, thats how it felt to me.

The answer is 42

• Yes, agreed! Currently running the following in an FX loop block right before the amp stage:

* Tapestry Audio Fab Suisse (Blues Breaker type)

* Emerson Custom Paramount MK2 (transparent transistor type)

I think the v8 drives have been a nice addition, and I'm really eager to check out the fuzzes. But so far, real ODs in the loop is the sound I'm most vibing with these days. Clip attached.

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Loop is a bit too noisy for me to use for any OD though

??? I don't notice any additional noise. Besides the dirt added by drives themselves. I use a Disaster Area DPC.Micro (3 loop midi switcher) to bring them in and out. Pretty whisper quiet when the loop is enable with nothing active inside it.

Edited once, last by Ruefus ().

• Good for you. But there have been other users who have complained about noisy dist loop in the past.

Henry David Thoreau

• And I have tried to use both soft or hard noise gate after in the dist loop but I had to tweak almost full but of course that affected the sound. Don't know if using a hw noise will solve that problem.

Henry David Thoreau