8.1.0.27128 Public Beta - Discussion

• Does the germanium fuzz setting works for the amazing glassy clean tone you get when you max out the fuzz and turn down your volume pot?

ah if you got a stage , it might be covered :

True Impedance
    The soft button True Impedance available in PROFILER Stage model changes the impedance of the guitar input of your PROFILER.
    ✓ PROFILER Head and Rack models do not feature True Impedance.
    While “interaction” is an overrated buzz word in the guitar world, it‘s completely true with an analog fuzz effect. The extremely low input impedance of the fuzz causes the volume potentiometer on your guitar to clean out the fuzz very quickly when turned down, which is an extremely welcome feature. Unfortunately, this effect cannot be simulated in the digital world, unless a true low input impedance is presented to your guitar. The PROFILER Stage features a hardware impedance placed in the guitar input to exactly simulate this behavior. Press “True Impedance” to activate this function. Check how the volume pot of your guitar behaves differently with “True Impedance” being switched on and off.
    You will notice an audio drop-out when switching, too. This drop-out will also occur whenever you switch from or to a Rig with a fuzz with active “True Impedance”. This drop-out cannot be avoided as the hardware impedance dramatically changes the incoming level of your guitar in an instance. Consider carefully whether you will make use of the volume pot advantages or benefit from an artifact-free switching.

• I go back playing now but I would claim that these fuzz are vintage like,with all the "60s chaos" but everything totally under control.I mean..even the freakin' feedback..over my tannoys..what's going on here?

See ya..

• Do you have a Stage with true impedance setting as mention by waraba?

No one of my main strats has this feature waraba mentioned.

But the kemper fuzz is "different" anyway.Try it.I am sure you will like it.It has some "enhancements".For example some of the presets have a good,direct attack which I love and never achieved in the past with any fuzz pedal.

• I've just been going through these new fuzzes.

Is there a list of fuzz boxes that the new presets are modelled on?

I really need to know what the 'smart drive' is. It's like SRV in a pedal!!

• where i can download the Rig Manager beta?on my mac when i open rig manager im not getting the notification window to install the new rig manager beta,i have the include beta test release box tick

Guitar: Fender Strat HSS<3 Schecter Custom Solo II

Signal Chain: Kemper->AxeFX 3>Neural QC>Apollo Twin->M-Audio Monitors

Computer:Mac Studio

Edited once, last by Ni6htWalker ().

• If you Mac has been turned on for a long time, it may be worth restarting it (if it works anything like a PC) to reconnect it to the rest of the world. Otherwise, I suggest contacting Support.

yes my mac is on all the time,i just restarted my mac and still same issue,but the thing is i get the notification window to install the new beta firmware but i didnt get the RM beta install window,that is weird,now i cant use my kemper stage with rig manager to test new profiles that i just bought:cursing:

Guitar: Fender Strat HSS<3 Schecter Custom Solo II

Signal Chain: Kemper->AxeFX 3>Neural QC>Apollo Twin->M-Audio Monitors

Computer:Mac Studio

Edited 2 times, last by Ni6htWalker ().

• yes my mac is on all the time,i just restarted my mac and still same issue,but the thing is i get the notification window to install the new beta firmware but i didnt get the RM beta install window,that is weird,now i cant use my kemper stage with rig manager to test new profiles that i just bought:cursing:

The install window can take a while to open - it has to download the file and the server might be getting hammered.

• Amazing..it is unbelievable how these fuzzes react to nice vintage rigs.Old fender amp's,JTMs,VOX etc.

With the kemper drives together with the these fuzzes I can create everything I want instantly without shapers and eqs..maybe a pure boost/treble boost here and there..these fuzzes just have "the right voicing"..I am delighted.

This is good news.

The bad news is that I just deleted all of my older drive presets to create new ones.Here we go again..?