8.1.0.27128 Public Beta - Discussion

• Is this confirmed? That you can't load presets into a locked slot? Anyone tried on the profiler?

I have just tested it on my Power Head and it is a bug. I tried on 3.2.18 and not effect would load in a locked slot. Then I up dated to 3.2.20 and it was still the same.

Has someone logged a proper bug report yet?

• I have just tested it on my Power Head and it is a bug. I tried on 3.2.18 and not effect would load in a locked slot. Then I up dated to 3.2.20 and it was still the same.

I sent a full report using the RM Beta Feedback form a couple days ago. Even though I haven't heard anything back so far I'm sure they are aware and working on a fix. Thanks for confirming the bug on your unit.

• Hi Maurizio,

Is it possible to post parameter values from an old Fuzz setting and the resulting new settings, for a quick check?

Yes Sure! Thanks for the attention.

Fuzz DS in the test I made had Drive 7.5 Mix 100% Volume +1.4

Than after the migration I have

Drive 7.7 Mix 100% Volume +1.4

Trans Shape 4.0; Trans Tone 5.0; Impedance LP 0.0; Definition 0.0; Octa 0.0

which I hear quite different from the old original sound:.

The sound I hear is a way too darker. It's not a matter of Drive settings but what is wrong is the Tone and the EQ.

Doing some test I found this settings still not perfect but more and more closer to original Fuzz DS sound:

Drive 7.7 Mix 100% Volume +1.4

Trans Shape 0.0; Trans Tone 5.4; Impedance LP 0.0; Definition 6.6; Octa 0.0

Attached rig and audio test ->

OS 8.1 Fuzz DS Wrong Migration - Audio Test.zip

• Anyone with a stage would be kind enough to record a simple demo of the typical 'glassy clean tones' available in conjonction with the impedance switch ? :

The extremely low input impedance of the fuzz causes the volume potentiometer on your guitar to clean out the fuzz very quickly when turned down, which is an extremely welcome feature. Unfortunately, this effect cannot be simulated in the digital world, unless a true low input impedance is presented to your guitar. The PROFILER Stage features a hardware impedance placed in the guitar input to exactly simulate this behavior. Press “True Impedance” to activate this function. Check how the volume pot of your guitar behaves differently with “True Impedance” being switched on and off.

in reference to :

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Many thx

• I have just tested it on my Power Head and it is a bug. I tried on 3.2.18 and not effect would load in a locked slot. Then I up dated to 3.2.20 and it was still the same.

This is a known issues, which has wider implications and is not planned to be solved immediately.

• This is a known issues, which has wider implications and is not planned to be solved immediately.

Ok - thanks for the info. Hoping for a fix at some point though. Maybe related is the inability to paste a slot into a locked slot.

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• To be clear:

I cannot load an effect preset into a locked module in Rig Manager via double click, but drag and drop works.

I can also copy/paste a Performance Slot into a disabled Slot, but the destination Slot stays disabled. To see the content pasted you need to enable it.

• To be clear:

I cannot load an effect preset into a locked module in Rig Manager via double click, but drag and drop works.

I can also copy/paste a Performance Slot into a disabled Slot, but the destination Slot stays disabled. To see the content pasted you need to enable it.

Thanks for clarifying Burkhard. The last part for referring to the profiler where I struggle to paste from one slot into another locked slot.

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• This is one of these snake oil tips, similar to selling anti aging cream with ingredience of greenland glacier ice, to be applied at full moon.

1. Take a germanium fuzz (silicon would not make it ..)

2. put nothing inbetween

3. turn down volume pot.

That's the secret to get that tone. What a BS!

Dear digital guitarists,

The glassy strat is just a result of changing the tone by something like an equalizer.

- Don't use a fuzz just to achieve a glassy clean sound.

- Increase Amp Definition of your clean profile

- or try a Treble Booster in front of the Amp

- or use an equalizer in front of the Amp to lower the bass frequencies.

• So I assume that it would be possible to start from a full germanium fuzz setting to a glassy clean progressively by using a morph pedal with the parameters you suggest here correctly set?:huh: It would be great if it works! I will have to try it because maybe I don't need my Sunface anymore!

• Please try the original setting and only set Impedance LP from 0.0 to 10.0 .

That should make it.

• Please try the original setting and only set Impedance LP from 0.0 to 10.0 .

That should make it.

Just tested Kemper Fuzz coming from older Fuzz DS with Impedance LP set to 10.0 ... well, older sounds come back in a perfect way!

I tested also all the Drive settings in migration from old Fuzz DS to Kemper Fuzz, all is perfect.

I believe you will fix this in the coming OS version.

Thanks for acting so fast, even in week end, you are a Great Team.

It's incredible that I already liked a lot the older Fuzz DS and that this is now just 1 of thousands different snapshots of the new Kemper Fuzz.

Don't know how many different sounds we can get and how many different experiments ... this is a DREAM Fuzz Stomp!!!!!

• Hello stranger ?

Apparently it is a new feature which will be necessary for some future development they have in mind.

The only was to get the sound of having the EQ off is to set all eq knobs at 0.

The way to get eq with not Amp is to profile a patch cable and use that in the amp block. Seems a lot of effort for something that was so easy before so I can’t wait to see what magic they have up their sleeves that requires this change ?

• Thanks for clarifying Burkhard. The last part for referring to the profiler where I struggle to paste from one slot into another locked slot.

I'm not sure I understand the issue scenario ... Slot or module, locked or disabled, Rig Manager or PROFILE user interface, Stage or other model...?

I can copy/paste Performance Slots in Rig Manager. Such Slots cannot be locked, but disabled. So, you need to enable the Slot to see its content.

I can copy/paste Performance Slots in the PROFILER UI using the COPY/PASTE buttons of Head and Rack models, even if the destination Slot is disabled.

I can also copy/paste Performance Slots with PROFILER Stage holding the RIG button as described in the manual. Even if the destination Slot is disabled.

• Sorry I wasn't clear. Profiler. Copying from module X into a locked MOD module. As an example.