8.1.0.27128 Public Beta - Discussion

• A good start would be a Profiler without the Pure Booster but another booster with secret sauce.

And SPDIF that would only deliver 96 kHz.

Ambivalence..I told you..

We guitar players look for the "cleanest dirty sound" and for the "most defined distortion"..

There are no other instrumentalists which such permanent schizophrenia on their gear..it is inherently in electric guitar.A total mess.But sometimes it sounds great.^^

• Ambivalence..I told you..

We guitar players look for the "cleanest dirty sound" and for the "most defined distortion"..

There are no other instrumentalists which such permanent schizophrenia on their gear..it is inherently in electric guitar.A total mess.But sometimes it sounds great.^^

LOL. Yes, and we describe guitar tone in terms of anything BUT sound:

"Glassey", "Wet", "Brown", etc.

• LOL. Yes, and we describe guitar tone in terms of anything BUT sound:

"Glassey", "Wet", "Brown", etc.

Just curious. What words would be considered "soundy"?

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• Just curious. What words would be considered "soundy"?

[chuckles] ....

Hi Frequency, Phase coherent, Low Frequency, clipped, etc.

The problem is that there are just not enough English words in the sound related arsenal to describe sounds:

"Sharp attack", "Grainy", "Dull", "Muddy". Seems like sound is most frequently described with words that describe non-sound related physical characteristics (mostly touch and sight I think).

• Exactly :)

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• "Ggrrraaang & Grrruuunnnggg"

This is how our women here describe this sound when they get angry and can't sleep at night because we play in the basement.

I think this pretty much nails it..:)

• Love this update! Long time toaster owner now really wishing I had the stage version!

I love fuzz pedals and have many very nice ones. I know from my... affliction that there are some that sound incredible, and when used in combination with the right guitar, amp, etc. it’s hard not to gush into snake oil sounding comments. There are certain builders who just know how to match/tune components at a very high level. There are also tons of fuzz pedals and many have very unique tones that would seem impossible to nail digitally (think gated splattery Zonk tones, the horn type of sounds from a Trombetta Minibone, Basic Audio Zippy, various self oscillating or glitchy fuzz pedal and so on).

The profiler can definitely get glassy tones that sound great - even before this update. I don’t know that I’ve heard it get to the level of glassyness that my Ge fuzz face can get... but it also doesn’t get the occasional radio station interference either! To me the ultimate glassy tones comes from a good sized blackface amp like a Super or a Vibrolux, etc. with a Cesar Diaz Square Face, Texas Ranger or something based on them (listen to some of the Pedal Pawn Texas Twang demos and you’ll hear that elusive SRV thing that everything else is aiming towards). I’m very interested in hearing demos of people getting those tones using the backed off vol knob and the stage to see if we can get it with the impedence hardware and controls on the Kemper Fuzz. I started experimenting with the different parameters and gain staging between the Kemper Fuzz, Treble Booster and amp drive on my toaster with no luck so far but there a many variables to experiment with and it’s way too easy to get sidetracked with other great tones!

With all this said, the Kemper Fuzz is truly incredible. Very quiet for what it can actually pull off. There are so many great fuzz tones in the controls and some much to explore when you consider different drive levels, amp drive levels and stacking with the Kemper drive, etc. I was loving running a fuzz face preset into the low gain/boost Klon preset yesterday. Tonight I was especially loving the range of the octave control and what you can find in combination with lower drive settings. Lots to explore but easy to already say these are fantastic tones!

Thank you again CK!

"Tone is in the fingers" is not a necessary response to anything that I might type on any internet forum threads. Thank you.

Edited once, last by BuckeyeBrown ().

• @ Mr C. K , could you enlighten us about the smart drive preset , is that a recreation of a known pedal , or a full ground creation ?

Very interesting dist engine with great trebles , I really dig this one .

I could get some really nasty feedback and long sustaining notes at low volume , like early Santana tones, very impressive, I'll soon be able to get rid of my freqout pedal.

Thx a lot for this addition !

One more question , are these only presets , or another algo changes in the background when selecting a given preset ?

• Yes.This and the "growling" are my favs.Have both together with the green scream on my fusion style leads..vintage fender & JTMs..freakin' good with just a little bit of tweaking if the rig is right.

• These are all presets using the very same algorithm Kemper Fuzz.

The "smart drive" Preset is not based on a true circuit.

The "made after original" Presets range from "Red Germanium" to "Dark Blue Silicon", plus "Mayer" and "Tyco".

It took a lot of effort to make these "made after original" Presets, as they were the authenticity proof of concept and promise for Kemper Fuzz.

However, the other presets took me only 20 minutes to make. I am not telling that because those presets are superficial, but because everyone will be able to create or modify Fuzz sounds serving your own needs, in a short time.

Every setting you create, represents a real analog circuit, that could exist out there, but nobody has made it yet.