CAE 3+SE Suhr Modded UPDATED

• I just uploaded 3 rigs of this preamp..one by channel with tone controls flat..Those are DI rigs so you may have mixed results with those + a cab as the power amp is kindda missing
    It's a recent model (2004) fully modded to specs you can find here :
    CAE 3+ mods

thx

BRUNO

EDIT : Scroll down for update

Edited 2 times, last by BRUNO ().

• Looks awesome!
    Gonna try these tomorrow!

Just a general question: why not profile the rig in what you feel is the sweetspot of the setup (tone controls set and all)?

I remember, long time ago, when I used to play on a JCM800, it had a certain sweetspot to me. A very specific constellation of buttons, EQ etc. It sounded killer when all dials were in that specific position.
    If I could do a profile of this amp (sadly not possible) it would be with all settings at that sweetspot.
    Then, you could still influence the final sound in the KPA, but it would have that magic sound setting in the profile's DNA, so to speak...

• Looks awesome!
    Gonna try these tomorrow!

Just a general question: why not profile the rig in what you feel is the sweetspot of the setup (tone controls set and all)?

I remember, long time ago, when I used to play on a JCM800, it had a certain sweetspot to me. A very specific constellation of buttons, EQ etc. It sounded killer when all dials were in that specific position.
    If I could do a profile of this amp (sadly not possible) it would be with all settings at that sweetspot.
    Then, you could still influence the final sound in the KPA, but it would have that magic sound setting in the profile's DNA, so to speak...

Because I do not have such a rig anymore ..This preamp was here for mods but I don't need a power amp or cabs to check my work :D Also I know where the sweet pot is on this preamp. I have modded 60 of them so far and used many of them on probably 300 gigs ;) With the PA even DI'ed you should be able to use it
    Tomorrow I may have a small rig to wire with a good modded MESA PA with Mercury OT's..I'll try to reprofile with this on top

• Just added 5 profiles of the same preamp with a modded MESA 2:50 (bias pot, Mercury magnetic OT's and SED tubes)..first all 3 channels with the mesa on 3 then 2nd and 3rd channel with the mesa on 6.5 to get a little power tube saturation..this is still DI (through a Suhr line out box) so you need to add your cab of choice unless you like honey :D:D:D

• I threw on either the Tills 03 or 06 depending on whether I wanted more or less treble/bite. I also tried Andy's Mesa cabs which gave great thump. Nice profiles here.

• I threw on either the Tills 03 or 06 depending on whether I wanted more or less treble/bite. I also tried Andy's Mesa cabs which gave great thump. Nice profiles here.

Not a fan of 06 here..I have some other Tills cabs that were just labelled "MARSHALL V30 T75" and another just "MARSHALL V30" that work better for me ..there is also a MESA 2x12 that was in a diezel profile that I like a lot..I have to clean my Cab folder cause I'm totally lost :D

• Wow! I havent been loading much profiles latelly because its getting unmanageable (wish i had more time!)
    But i was tempted by that one and even though i didnt have the time to thoroughly try different cabs (thank you Tills btw)
    But with the few i tried man.... Just amazing!! I tried it at first with a music man guitar then a strat and it worked beautifully on both! I really hope a lot of people will give it a shot.

Thanks so much Bruno!

• You're welcome.. I will have the opportunity to do a PT100 DI'd soon 8)

Wow! I havent been loading much profiles latelly because its getting unmanageable (wish i had more time!)
    But i was tempted by that one and even though i didnt have the time to thoroughly try different cabs (thank you Tills btw)
    But with the few i tried man.... Just amazing!! I tried it at first with a music man guitar then a strat and it worked beautifully on both! I really hope a lot of people will give it a shot.

Thanks so much Bruno!