If you could only choose 3 profiles (1 for clean, crunch, & distortion) what would they be?

• Clean - M Britt - Colonial 1 7 - Amp - Brentwood Colonial

Crunch The Amp Factory (AND44) - Deluxe BP+ - Amp - Fender Deluxe Reverb Black Face ( I think it is a 1962 or 69) - Sometimes with a Kemper Drive in front.

Distortion - M Britt - Plexi Klon 2.1- Amp = 3rd Power Dream Weaver

“I used to jog but the ice cubes kept falling out of my glass.”

Dave Lee Roth of Van Halen - 1979

• I recently discovered HiWatt amps - they are pretty badass! - Do you have your own in the rig exchange?

“I used to jog but the ice cubes kept falling out of my glass.”

Dave Lee Roth of Van Halen - 1979

• I think people should put what kind of music they play as a side note here maybe.

If you're a 'blues player' then the context will be different from a 'metal head's' etc.....

In a covers/function band I use ; Fender for cleans (Deville I think ) with added comp , Boogie MK2 ( Amp Factory with some different cab ) for crunch, and an MK3 Boogie for leads mainly

• I recently discovered HiWatt amps - they are pretty badass! - Do you have your own in the rig exchange?

Pops runs a studio, and often the profiles he does for his clients can be seen as their intellectual property, something he's always keen to respect.

Kemper remote -> Powered toaster -> Yamaha DXR-10

• I agree about letting us know what style and pickups...

For cleans I usually go to mbritt 56 Twin ( pay pack )

Or top Jimi 50’s Super

For crunch I add OCD. or use a JTM 45 or 50. M Britt or Andy

Hi gain I rarely use.

• the profiles he does for his clients can be seen as their intellectual property, something he's always keen to respect.

Almost correct.

1. The profiles I make are my intellectual property cause I made them. If I make profiles for my clients, they can be sure they are the only ones (apart from me) who can use them.

2. I'm a strong believer that custom profiles, specifically crafted for an artist, his/her playing style, musical genre(s), guitar(s), will always be better than stock "one size fits all" commercial profiles that need to please many people with many different preferences.

3. I'm not interested in maximizing my income/profit by selling profile packs. I have a very decent income and love that I can do whatever I want, not what someone else wants me to do. :)

• Almost correct.

1. The profiles I make are my intellectual property cause I made them. If I make profiles for my clients, they can be sure they are the only ones (apart from me) who can use them.

2. I'm a strong believer that custom profiles, specifically crafted for an artist, his/her playing style, musical genre(s), guitar(s), will always be better than stock "one size fits all" commercial profiles that need to please many people with many different preferences.

3. I'm not interested in maximizing my income/profit by selling profile packs. I have a very decent income and love that I can do whatever I want, not what someone else wants me to do. :)

Not my intention to speak for you, of course. It's just been my impression that you actually care about IP and that's something I respect a great deal, so just a bit of a shout out for integrity.

Also good points about customizing for the moment.

• Clean - there’s a 65 super reverb profile from rig exchange that is great

High Gain - Orange TH100 direct profile I made and also some JP2C direct profiles I made. I’ll post them up on the rig exchange soon cause there’s no point in mentioning unobtainium.

• If I could only have three channels I'd still be playing tube amps. :)

Playing Devil's Advocate: This would assume you'd found a 3 channel amp that sounded exactly right for each one. Or....you were willing to carry three amps and their respective cabinets.

My current go to profile for cleans is a '67 Champ into a 1960A Marshall cabinet with Greenbacks. For crunchy to just below truly high-gain, it's a profile of a Soldano Hot Rod 50 that is just glorious. I think the cab on that is actually an H&K Redbox. I chose it flipping through cabinets and didn't realize it was a DI/Speaker simulator until much later.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• Playing Devil's Advocate: This would assume you'd found a 3 channel amp that sounded exactly right for each one.

Actually, while it was as much a joke as anything else, it does highlight why I play a Kemper, because I haven't found a single amp that does everything I want it to do. Prior to the Kemper I'd retired my Marshall in favor of a Voodu Valve for much the same reason - lots of tonal variety, with midi recallable presets, from a single unit.

Of course, it would be a pretty boring world if everyone was exactly the same as me, and there are many who need nothing more than the three tones listed. If I was one of those guys, however, I'd probably have a single tube amp and the appropriate pedals to cover any shortcomings.