"Un"-merge a rig?

• So,

i did some DI-Profiles of my amp. Then i put a commercial cab in the rig, liked it, saved it. Now i want to share it, but don't want to upload the commercial IR/cab. How can "un"-merge the rig or is it allowed to use some other "free" cab (for example the cabs that come with the profiler?)

I just found how to merge profiles, but not to return it to the original state...

• Ha. Found a workaround myself.

I just loaded a DI-Profile, locked the empty cab section and loaded the merged profile. Then it was possible to save it again!

But just out of interest: is there another way?

• But just out of interest: is there another way?

No.

Simply browsing (or drag-and-drop via RM) and choosing another Cab is about as basic as it gets and happens to be the only way to change Cabs. How you do the browsing is up to you; you could even lock everything except the Cab and browse Rigs, which would place every Rig you select's Cab in its place.

Don't worry about the fact that you merged the original DI Profile; the amp component would've been preserved as-is, so nothing's changed.

• So,

i did some DI-Profiles of my amp. Then i put a commercial cab in the rig, liked it, saved it. Now i want to share it, but don't want to upload the commercial IR/cab. How can "un"-merge the rig or is it allowed to use some other "free" cab (for example the cabs that come with the profiler?)

I just found how to merge profiles, but not to return it to the original state...

I suggest reading the profiling section in the manual about merged profiles and what the merging button is actually for. Unless you’ve made a Studio profile and a Direct Amp profile with the exact same settings, merging is unnecessary and will actually not yield authentic results. Just adding a Cab by browsing in RM or the Profiler itself is enough to add a Cab to a Direct Amp or DI profile.

• I suggest reading the profiling section in the manual about merged profiles and what the merging button is actually for. Unless you’ve made a Studio profile and a Direct Amp profile with the exact same settings, merging is unnecessary and will actually not yield authentic results. Just adding a Cab by browsing in RM or the Profiler itself is enough to add a Cab to a Direct Amp or DI profile.

I know that there is a difference, but i didn't find a better word for the combination amp+IR in one rig. I use this way to not add a cab everytime i change the profiles.