Can't Find IR Once I Import .kipr File?

• As the title says, normally I can find the cabinet in the list of rigs once I import the file but with certain .kipr files I don't see the cabinet in rigs or presets, but the cabinets are shown in Rig Manager. Where is the cabinet located? I want to use the cabinet on other rigs.

• Normally, If you import a Rig, the Cabinet is included in the Rig. Select the Rig, and then you can Drag and Drop the Cabinet into "All Presets/Local Library" or "All Presets/My Profiler".

If you are importing a Direct Rig without a Cabinet, there is not a Cabinet in the Rig.

Drag and drop from Rig Manager correct?

• Are you talking about the Kemper’s own cabinet or an IR you imported from a different source and RM converted to a cabinet?

If you imported a 3rd party IR then RM has converted this into a Kemper Cabinet and you will find it in the Presets folder.

If you are talking about a native Kemper Cabinet then it is stored as part of the rig as paul said. If you want to reuse it with other rigs there are 2 available workflows :

1 - load a rig with the cabinet you want to use then lock the Cabinet block. With the cabinet locked you can load a new rig and save the result. This works if you only want to use the cabinet with occasional other rigs. Or if you want to use the same cabinet on ALL rigs in which case you don’t even need to save new rigs - just leave it permanently locked. This is the quickest and easiest option but it is risky and limited so I wouldn’t personally use it.

2 - if you want to be able to grab it quickly at anytime in future then drag the cabinet from the donor rig into the presets area of RM and drop it there. This will make the Cabinet a preset. You might want to rename it for ease of future use. Now you can drag and drop it on any rig you want in future.

• Are you talking about the Kemper’s own cabinet or an IR you imported from a different source and RM converted to a cabinet?

If you imported a 3rd party IR then RM has converted this into a Kemper Cabinet and you will find it in the Presets folder.

If you are talking about a native Kemper Cabinet then it is stored as part of the rig as paul said. If you want to reuse it with other rigs there are 2 available workflows :

1 - load a rig with the cabinet you want to use then lock the Cabinet block. With the cabinet locked you can load a new rig and save the result. This works if you only want to use the cabinet with occasional other rigs. Or if you want to use the same cabinet on ALL rigs in which case you don’t even need to save new rigs - just leave it permanently locked. This is the quickest and easiest option but it is risky and limited so I wouldn’t personally use it.

2 - if you want to be able to grab it quickly at anytime in future then drag the cabinet from the donor rig into the presets area of RM and drop it there. This will make the Cabinet a preset. You might want to rename it for ease of future use. Now you can drag and drop it on any rig you want in future.

Got it! Thanks so much!