Can I filter my rigs by just guitar rigs?

• Simple question, hopefully simple answer. When viewing rigs on my Kemper, I have the option for just bass rigs. I would also like to be able to filter it by just guitar because it's kind of annoying sifting through all my bass profiles that are scattered all around. Thanks.

• Most people would have only a small number of bass Rigs on their units so the just-bass-Rigs option would be handy for them. You're in the opposite situation - plenty of bass Rigs, so being able to show only guitar Rigs would make sense.

We could say that this is a request for we lowly bass players then.

At any rate, +1 from me, Jake.

• Favorite Rigs
    Favorite Rigs are indicated by a small asterisk (“*”) on the right side of the Play Screen. In System Settings you can set the flag “Auto Favorite”, so that any Rig that you store will automatically be flagged as “Favorite”, and consequently be listed in this View. You can manually flag (or unflag) Rigs as “Favorite” in two ways:
     Push the RIG button for about two seconds on the Play Screen in Browse Mode.
     Push soft button 2 “Favorite” in the Rig Setttings.
    It is not required to store the Rig again, as the status of “Favorite” is automatically associated with the name of the owner and captured within the Rig file. Consequently, when you share your Favorite Rigs with other users, these don’t become their Favorite Rigs automatically. Should you, by intent or otherwise, change the name of the Profiler owner in the Startup Dialog, your favorite Rigs will no longer be displayed in the View “Favorites”. But your preference is not lost! You just need to re-enter the original owner name, and your list of Favorite Rigs will reappear. If you would prefer that stored Rigs are not automatically flagged as a “Favorite”, you can modify the parameter “Auto Favorite” in System Settings

• I don't think you guys are getting it.

Brother Sludgie, using your suggested methodology, he'd have to favourite only bass Rigs and never guitar ones. Not-practical, I'm afraid. Good thinking 'though IMHO bro'. :thumbup:

Maybe i'm not understanding correctly, but couldn't you just name your rigs "Bass-..xxx"

or "Guitar-..xxx"

and then filter alphabetically to find them?

Indeed Troy, it would make them easier-to-find, but name-character space is limited, especially if you want to be able to view the titles on the units themselves. Believe me, I've had some experience with this, having been forced to devise a naming convention for the Wah collection. Many compromises were necessary in order to come up with a system that said just-enough but that also happened to fit within the display window without the OS's imposing its default truncation to the names.

In this case, IMHO, it may be a lot of work for Jake to shorten the names of his Rigs in order for them to appear as-is in the display whilst still accommodating the "Bass-" prefix.

If one has a bunch of guitar as well as bass Rigs on one's unit, IMHO it should be a no-brainer to be able to filter either flavour out en-mass. That's what the function is for, after all, and the existing behaviour suggests that an assumption was made that the typical user would have many guitar and very-few bass Rigs on his unit. However for bass players it'd be the other way around in many cases.

We've seen the recent addition of the "Acoustic" filter's being added, hence my decision to support this tweak with a big +1.

• If one has a bunch of guitar as well as bass Rigs on one's unit, IMHO it should be a no-brainer to be able to filter either flavour out en-mass. That's what the function is for, after all, and the existing behaviour suggests that an assumption was made that the typical user would have many guitar and very-few bass Rigs on his unit. However for bass players it'd be the other way around in many cases.

We've seen the recent addition of the "Acoustic" filter's being added, hence my decision to support this tweak with a big +1.

I would be all for a Guitar Only search too but another option would be to simply at a soft key for “Not” to the existing search by. Search by Bass > tick Not results = all rigs that are Not Bass (in most cases this would be all guitar rigs. A NOT search is actually pretty useful for lots of things anyway so would be nice to have even if a Guitar category was added.

• Thanks for the replies everyone. I agree this method is a hassle but it seems like the only one that will work for me, for now. I'll just add a bass prefix to the bass rigs so that they are all bundled together. At the same time though, it's odd to me that a "just guitar" filter is not available similar to the "just bass" filter. I just got the Kemper 2 months ago and I LOVE IT but for it to not have a such a simple function is kind of disappointing.

• Indeed, that makes total sense MM.

• Thanks for the replies everyone. I agree this method is a hassle but it seems like the only one that will work for me, for now. I'll just add a bass prefix to the bass rigs so that they are all bundled together. At the same time though, it's odd to me that a "just guitar" filter is not available similar to the "just bass" filter. I just got the Kemper 2 months ago and I LOVE IT but for it to not have a such a simple function is kind of disappointing.

If only there were a Bass Clef symbol to use. That way you'd only be taking up 1 character space. Maybe suggest that (along with a Treble Clef) for the next update?

I've always wondered why there is a "?" character in most devices:/. Replace that sucker with a Bass Clef! :D;)

• Here after I made a feature request for a "Guitar Only" filter. So obviously that's what I would like. If adding rigs to favorites was the best way, why have a "Just Bass" or any other filter for that matter? The point is I'm browsing, and I KNOW what's in my favs. I want to find some new mojo in the hundreds of rigs I downloaded, and I don't want to browse bass rigs if I'm holding a strat.