Power amp suggestions

• GuitarGuy83 , I used 4 kemper Kones for the 4x12 cab and had a tech wire it according to the diagram.

I noticed that the mission Gemini p2 cuts through the mix way better because the sound projects forward and 70% wide while the Kemper kone does not do this.

After reading many reviews and forums, I have decided to go with running a Kemper stage through a Seymour Duncan PowerStage700.

Not that I would need 700 watts, but from what others have said they are able to get the sound to be clear and cut through being only at 12 a lock on the power amp it self and -18 to -20 in the kemper volume.

I will either sell my KemperPower Rack or keep it and use at home and my 4x12 Kemper cab still sounds amazing for home use.

I’m broke now after spending all my money to figure this out ?.

Thanks for all the tips either way.

• Oh and one last thing, if I keep the Gemini p2 passive cab in stereo, then the ohm is 8 ohms. Only 16 ohms bridged (mono) which is what I currently have to set it at for the kemper power rack.

with the stage, since it’s stereo, I can now set the cab to stereo which means I should be able to get much more volume with the Seymour Duncan PowerStage700 (Once I get it) coming next week!

If anyone could confirm that I have this right with the settings? Also is there a wattage meter on the Kemper stage ?

• Glad to hear the seller is working with you to get it fixed. Once the issue is fixed, you shouldn't have any issues. Pretty aggressive tone! What profile are you using?

I was using an Engl Fireball, had a green boost in front, and eq in post. Even standalone without a boost or eq I really enjoyed this patch. I used it in a recording with a Driftwood Purple Nightmare.

• Yes, it is astounishing.

I made some tests yesterday night with a new beta software. We will add the PowerAmp Boost even for the use with the Power Cabinet, to achive maximum wattage.

I was stunned how few watts make so much noise, again.

I felt the need to make true voltage measurements again at the power amp output to check again if the Wattage Meter is calibrated correctly, or if I have made a mistake.

But it is spot on!

I have wrote about this before where my brother in law has this jillion watt stereo in his garage he brags about and when I told him my Kemper will drown it out at 50 watts he laughed at me. Then I played it for him. His jaw was agape when I told him what I was drawing power wise. I explained how watts worked as I don't think he really understood before that it takes very little to get loud but the louder it gets at a certain point starts taking double, triple and quadruple to get a small amount. I have a 6 watt tube Fender Champ that will get so loud it will make people in a small room mad. I say "It's just 6 watts." And they say "I don't care it's LOUD!"

I wonder what would happen and would like to see if the poweramp in the powerhead could handle the "Eddy test" (Like he supposedly did his EVH) and crank it full blast (in this case to 600 watts) and leave it cranked for a month feeding back. Would it live? As loud as it is at 50 watts I just cannot imagine actually running the KPA at 600 watts for extended periods, I would just be certain it would blow but if It didn't I'd be super impressed. I'm not gonna test it with mine though!