I've hit Nirvana with Kemper in just under 5 months!

• I finally hit that Eureka moment modding profiles! I am stoked! I'm talking about getting the stack to sound good no matter what profile I use. I should have been concentrating on just the stacks in the beginning instead of stack + effects. I will still need time hitting nirvana with all the effects modules - still trying to find the perfect delay and verb. I'm sure that will come.

I'm at the point were I will turn on my tube amps for 10 minutes and then go right to back to the Kemper for 10 days.

Besides my first guitar, the Kemper is the best single piece of music equipment I could have ever bought - hands down! This is what I've been hoping for and I've got it!

Stoked:!:

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• Besides my first guitar, the Kemper is the best single piece of music equipment I could have ever bought - hands down! This is what I've been hoping for and I've got it!

I've said almost the exact same thing many times. It's nuts how good (and useful) this little green box is.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• Share some tips, please. Which settings are you tweaking?

Set Low cut = 80.6Hz; High cut = 9271.6Hz

I always go to the Amp Definition first. Usually I will drop it substantially until the profile sounds warms to my ears and just before the low E gets too muddy on a E minor cord.

Then I will drop the Gain down to Zero and raise it in 0.02 increments. I find the Gain knob extremely sensitive for tonal changes (more than I hear with tube amps.

Then I will increase Bass EQ from Zero up to 2.0. Checking low end with EM, Em, and C chords and arpeggiating.

Then I will drop Treble EQ from Zero to -0.01 increments until I don't hear any more high end grit or fizziness while play the D Major and Dsus4 chords and soloing.

Then I will adjust Mid EQ as a "spacial" setting. Boost for forward presence and cut to send backward in the mix.

Then I will go back to Bass EQ and drop down incrementally until my ears tell me to stop.

If I need a bit more clarity from string to string, I will increase Clarity or Direct mix very slowly and compare.

From there, it's just playing some songs and doing very minor Amp adjustments on EQ and Presence. This is working great for me. Note that I am not trying to match an Artist's tone with this technique but make the profiles better to my ears.

• Very interesting.

Thank you!

• Took you five months? I sold my tube amps in a week. :P

But seriously, I couldn't agree more. I tried a couple of times with the Line 6 stuff but kept going back to tubes. The sound wasn't quite there and it was way too fiddly for my personal taste. The closest I ever got to a tech based solution was the Voodu Valve, but that had a 12ax7 pre so it was really just another a tube thing.

When I got this thing and figured out how to find the right kind of profiles for my genre I was astounded that what I was hearing was a digital gizmo. And because my tone needs are pretty simple I don't even need to mod profiles. If one's not doing it for me, I just keep browsing and eventually I get one that's perfect.

Yeah, hands down, best bit of hardware I've ever bought. And not a bad crowd to hang with, either. Even if some of them are a little slow. ^^

Kemper remote -> Powered toaster -> Yamaha DXR-10

• I'm so different in this sense. I would rather just jump to another rig then do a bunch of tweaking. Kind of like a preset junkie. I understand how all the adjustments work, I just don't want to fiddle around, I just want to get back to playing.

I am curious when OP finds a good setup do you save it as a new rig, or rewrite over the original and rename it?

Don't forget to backup.

• I'm so different in this sense. I would rather just jump to another rig then do a bunch of tweaking. Kind of like a preset junkie. I understand how all the adjustments work, I just don't want to fiddle around, I just want to get back to playing.

I am curious when OP finds a good setup do you save it as a new rig, or rewrite over the original and rename it?

Don't forget to backup.

It depends. If the original rig is bad then I overwrite it. If it is somewhat decent then I will "save as" to a new version.

• Same here, best bit of hardware I've ever bought !

I was never 100% satisfied with the Tube Amps I had before. Some sounded good for clean others for overdrive others for distortion. But it was sometimes frustrating not having the sound I wanted.

Sine I have the Kemper - If it sounds bad it's my playing, the guitar or the settings in the Kemper. Soundwise EVERYTHING seems to be possible. And that really makes me happy ^^

Sometimes I regret not having bought the Kemper years earlier...

never thought that I would like the Kemper that much...! 8|