Just a few rigs short of a full load.

• Greetings - let's say I have the Tone Junkie Everything Pack, and I want to import all of it into RM. I unzip the pack to the computer, go into the "Everything Pack" folder, and use Windows search to find all of the KIPR files. The result is 4,096 files in the search results window. I create a new folder in RM below Local Library, and drag the files from the Windows search results window. When the import is complete, RM tells me that 4,040 rigs were imported and 6 were already present in my local library (the 6 are probably true). But ..... where did the other 50 rigs go?

This is RM 3.1.62.16462 running on Windows 10 Pro 20H2.

• Those 50 kipr files may be Presets instead of Rigs. That file extension was previously used for both. As of version 7, new file extensions are used.

Try importing again, into a new All Presets/Local Library folder, and you will likely just get the 50 presets.

I imagine TJ has been using the current file types for awhile though. You likely also have krig files, kpreset files, kperformance files that can be imported into Rig Manager.

• Hooray! Using paults instructions, 40 of the 50 missing rigs turned out to be cab presets with KIPR extensions.

Next, I used this PowerShell code to find all the unique filename extensions:

Code
    get-childitem -File -Recurse| % {$_.Extension.tolower()} | unique

I had to doctor the results in Notepad ++, but eventually I had this list of Kemper-related extensions:

• .kipf
    • .kipr
    • .kperformance
    • .krig

I imported 8 performances with KIPF and KPERFORMANCE extensions.

Then I imported another 721 files with the new KRIG extension. I am positively swimming in tonal options. This Everything Pack is HUGE almost beyond belief.

Worth noting: Windows Search and "Everything" are showing different file counts. Windows tells me 4,096, while Everything says 4,100.

Still can't figure out - or single out - the remaining 10 or 14 KIPFs.

Any further ideas will be ... greatly ... appreciated :)

• and all I did was "Sort by type" in Windows Explorer. ;)

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.