Buying a second Kemper... have toaster and remote would you buy a used stage or used rack?

• Buying a second Kemper... have toaster and remote would you buy a used stage or used rack?

I was looking into buying a stage... but for the same price saw a rack and remote?

I am on the fence of having $1500+ sitting on the floor....

• Also stage has more modern CPU - is considerably faster, knobs are metal and "feel" much better (and there are rumors that it has wifi chip). It does't have MIDI thru, if that matters for you.

• Buying a second Kemper... have toaster and remote would you buy a used stage or used rack?

I was looking into buying a stage... but for the same price saw a rack and remote?

I am on the fence of having $1500+ sitting on the floor....

I got the Stage. If I'm concerned about $1500 on the floor at a gig, I take my toaster and remote.

• I don't own a Kemper.

But I own both floor and rack of the product I do have.

For my product, the two units are the same (if using the add-on foot controller with the rack unit). I don't know how units may differ with Kemper.

I make patches for my various uses. But some of the acts I am in, I can put my unit in the rack case with all the other group gear, and let the computer make all of the changes. Sync all instruments, mixes, and lights - more of a production number than a rock band in concert.

While others I am in, I am stepping on my own gear.

I don't know you or your usage. But it an example as to why one may go with one of each.

I don't own a Kemper but was here investigating. If I answer a post, it is based on general knowledge - not on Kemper experience.

• I don't know how units may differ with Kemper.

Well, apart from the different layout (which implies some functions on the Stage are in the menus rather than on the front or absent), there are several differences that characterise the Stage.

For example, you can use it as a slave in a digital setup (this implies that you can digitally chain two whatever KPAs, provided one is a Stage; on a side note, this is true for the other form factors as well, provided they have been manufactured from 2019).

Stage has got 4 sockets for pedals Vs. 2 on the other models (but those become 6 if you use a Remote as well); and there's a native stereo Monitor Out.

The True Impedance control available in the Stage changes the impedance of the guitar input (there's a physical circuit!).

On the Stage there are also some controls missing, for example the 'Stomps' and 'Effects' buttons (which implies you can't save the corresponding sections as a preset from the device).

Overall, the Stage boots faster due to the new chipset. Not sure whether this applies to the other formats when manufactured after 2019 tho.

Last, there's a WiFi module in the Stage, which has no use yet AFAIK.

Hope this helps!

Still chasing a worthy one :/

• I got the Stage. If I'm concerned about $1500 on the floor at a gig, I take my toaster and remote.

This. So would you if you've seen the things I have happen on floors of gigs, If you're playing at church then maybe. I like to have my gear safely behind me,up on something, away from the crowd. Floorboards always seem like a ridiculous liability. I worry about having my controller there let alone my entire rig to receive spilled beer/ high heel, mic drop /stand tipover/shots that went up the nose first/cymbal drop etc etc.

• Hi, Dynochrome.

This. So would you if you've seen the things I have happen on floors of gigs, If you're playing at church then maybe. I like to have my gear safely behind me,up on something, away from the crowd. Floorboards always seem like a ridiculous liability. I worry about having my controller there let alone my entire rig to receive spilled beer/ high heel, mic drop /stand tipover/shots that went up the nose first/cymbal drop etc etc.

I'm usually on a stage or in an environment where people (and beer/high heels and things tipping over) are unlikely. I NEVER leave guitars or gear unattended on a stage.

Sure, stuff happens. But with one exception a zillion years ago, any damage to my gear was my doing. That one exception = a bass player thought it would be funny to start dancing around behind the singer. I didn't understand what he was doing as he came bouncing over to my side of the stage flinging the neck of his bass up and down. He lost his balance and the neck of his bass up from knee height and caught the neck of my candy apple red Parker Fly. We sent him to the cornfield for upstaging the singer.

Back to my point. I establish my turf on the stage. That's my space, inviolate. And if there's any chance someone could invade that space, I never leave anything unattended there.

Back to the original question. I used to have two of everything. One for the studio, one for the road. These days, I like to have redundancy, but it doesn't have to be through pure duplication. I like that the Stage can do everything I need from the Profiler with Remote. And I like more than dislike the differences.

I have the same profiles and performances loaded on both the Stage and the Profiler. But I can enjoy creating hands-on aspects of the Profiler (without having to bend over) and the portability of the Stage (and the ease of stereo monitors). I don't use most of the other subtle differences, but it's nice to know they are there.

• Some of my thoughts were ...

Stage on a pedalboard and even maybe add a Duncan power stage on the board, (in case the CLR or in the future powered Kemper KAB) took a dive... so I have all bases covered...may be over thinking it...but that is the gear obsession ...LOL...

I guess better to be safe and never use then the other option...