Speaker Cable Vs Instrument Cable & Mission Engineering EP1-KP-GN or Mission Engineering SP1-L6H-BK

• Hi folks,

I have two questions, I'm trying to cut down on posts, I hope you can help:

1. I presume I should be running the speaker out from my powered Kemper to the Kabinet, will it do any damage if I run the instrument cable?

2. Which of the Mission pedals should I get above, I'd like to use it for Wah and Morphing?

Any help would warmly be appreciated.

• I have no advice on the Mission pedals, but do know that you do NOT want to use an instrument cable in place of a speaker.

Very different construction. Instrument cable is designed for low-voltage, with a significantly smaller wire gauges used.

Will it work? Yes. Is it safe? Nope.

https://www.rattlesnakecables.…les-vs-instrument-cables/

A quote from Paul Rivera in the article:

Transmission of power require low resistance for low loss. Also, high current requires larger cross section of wire. Larger power needs smaller gauge-larger wire. Guitar cables are designed for low noise and capacitance, and tiny amounts of current. If you use them for a speaker cable, large losses in power transmission occur. – Paul Rivera, Sr.

To me "large losses of power" sounds a lot like heat. That power has to go somewhere.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

Edited 4 times, last by Ruefus ().

• You will also pick up unwanted radio frequencies using an instrument cable instead of a speaker cable. They are about the same price for either so get the correct one - speaker cable.

You get the Mission Engineering EP1-KP Expression Pedal. It comes in Kemper Green or Black. You only need one patch cable (instrument cable) to hook it up. I use a 24 inch one hooked to my foot controller so I have enough to plug in to the different pedal inputs. I need to get a second one. $149.00US

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• You can use almost any expression pedal so you don’t need to go Mission unless you really want to. However, one of the very few pedals the will NOT work with the Kemper is the SP1 L6. This for Line 6 devices which use a regular guitar cable instead of a TRS. The L6 version is not compatible with devices which need a TRS connection (such as the Kemper).