Waveform generator

• I'm not an engineer so I have no idea if this is a difficult thing to develop or not. My guess is that it's not that difficult as it is not sound based but more of an algorithm thing.

So what about a waveform generator, that could be applied to different parameters and effects of the kemper (volume, frequency, filter and yes, tremolo...). It would allow user to choose between different waveforms of course, sine, wave, saw, square, triangle, random, etc. and also it would be tempo synced with the choice of different subdivisions.

• Could actually be how ckemper eventually updates the currently (a bit slim tremolo) implementation. By a general LFO implementation.

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

Edited 2 times, last by musicmad ().

• i have requested this a few times. Given that ckemper Is a keyboard player and designed one of the legendary synths of all time it shouldn’t be difficult for him to add this kind of thing to the KPA.

I believe that digital guitar amps have reached a level where they can easily compete with valve amps for a regular guitar tone. From now on competition between Kemper, Helix, Axe, Quad Cortex etc to get closer to the real thing is going to be a game of vastly diminishing returns. Perhaps it is now time for digital platforms to start to inovate beyond traditional tones and take the guitar to a new level by exploiting the power digital devices have to do things the valve amps simply can’t.

• i have requested this a few times. Given that ckemper Is a keyboard player and designed one of the legendary synths of all time it shouldn’t be difficult for him to add this kind of thing to the KPA.

I believe that digital guitar amps have reached a level where they can easily compete with valve amps for a regular guitar tone. From now on competition between Kemper, Helix, Axe, Quad Cortex etc to get closer to the real thing is going to be a game of vastly diminishing returns. Perhaps it is now time for digital platforms to start to inovate beyond traditional tones and take the guitar to a new level by exploiting the power digital devices have to do things the valve amps simply can’t.

Totally agree with you!

I use the FM3 synth often and use several Roland/Boss guitar synths and cant understand how one of the greatest synth designers does not drop something to this field.

• You talking about a LFO Modulator.
    Problem is the Morph function,
    Any continues Parameter can be morphed,
    so how you like to handle a FX-paramter that you asign to the LFO
    and to the Expression Pedal Morph function ?

But you can try MIDI LFO generators like "midiLFOs from Arthur Kerms" (appstore)
    or hardware LFO like "Copilot FX Broadcast - LFO" or "El Garatge - Expressionknob".

However, I fear that the Kemper is not fast enough to react to multiple MIDI commands in real time.

I once programmed a kill switch ("shutter volume") which caused the Kemper to crash. (MIDI buffer overflow).

Incidentally, this is a real weak point of the Kemper, (was not so pronounced in the past) the CPU is not able to process midi instructions in real time,

while MIDI is relatively slow at 31.25 Kbaud from today's point of view.

That shows me how exhausted the system is after 10 years of development.

Be the force with you ;)