Kemper Stage into Guitar Amp

• Howdy!

I know this has been covered numerous times, but I wanted to share my experience. Yesterday I connected my Kemper Stage Monitor Out into the effects return on my Fender Tone-Master 100 watt amp head. The amp is connected to a 4x12 Tone-Master cab with V30's. The profiles I'm using are of the Fender Tone-Master head. I disabled the Cab block as recommended by others and the tone is super thin and sounds like a buzz-saw. As soon as I enable the Cab block, the tone is much warmer/thicker. What is going on? it's almost as if the Cab block on/off is reversed.

Cheers,

Rob

• Do you have any of the Kone features enabled even though you aren’t using Kones?

What signal are you sending to the monitor Out? Master Mono?

How are you disabling the Cab section? In the Amp Block or in the Output Menu? In the output menu the wording is a bit confusing as the feature is “Monitor Cab Off” with an On/Off check box. Therefore, ticking the box to On turns the cabinet off. My logic would be “Monitor Cab” Tick box On/Off. It took me a bit of adjusting to get my head to work to the Kemper logic but maybe that’s just me being stupid.

• Do you have any of the Kone features enabled even though you aren’t using Kones?

What signal are you sending to the monitor Out? Master Mono?

How are you disabling the Cab section? In the Amp Block or in the Output Menu? In the output menu the wording is a bit confusing as the feature is “Monitor Cab Off” with an On/Off check box. Therefore, ticking the box to On turns the cabinet off. My logic would be “Monitor Cab” Tick box On/Off. It took me a bit of adjusting to get my head to work to the Kemper logic but maybe that’s just me being stupid.

I appreciate all of the questions and advice! I do not have any Kone features enabled. I am unchecking the box for the Monitor Cab Off parameter in output menu. That means I have Monitor Cab "On," which produces a thicker, more accurate tone to my ears. Checking the Monitor Cab Off results in the wicked thin, buzz saw tone.

Edited once, last by Bitwize: (I mistyped my explanation. Sorry for any confusion.) ().

• You should enable "Monitor Cab Off", not disable whole Cabinet section.

Indeed. I will double-check, but I am fairly certain I enabled "Monitor Cab Off" straightaway. When that sounded like a mosquito hoard, I disabled the whole Cabinet section. Sounded the same, so I reenabled the Cabinet section. Also disabled "Monitor Cab Off." Honestly not making much sense right now.

• I'm new here, and it my 1st post.

I just bought a new KPA, and had it a little over a week.

I am running it in stereo, Monitor out L to my 5150 FX return, Direct out R to my Marshall JCM 2000 FX return.

It sounds awesome. Was playing at the Bar last night, and it's plenty loud enough. :thumbup: