I'm listening to all your music and I am so depressed.

• I have EZ and Superior. I bought MIDI keys controller with velocity pads. I was using that for piano and drums. I actually went and bought a set of drum sticks to strike the pads because it felt more natural than using my fingers. I have a good aim because the pads are only 1" square.

I have not used the editor browser yet. I've only watched one video on how to use it.

In the meantime, I just go here for a metronome. https://drumbit.app/

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• I have EZ and Superior. I bought MIDI keys controller with velocity pads. I was using that for piano and drums. I actually went and bought a set of drum sticks to strike the pads because it felt more natural than using my fingers. I have a good aim because the pads are only 1" square.

I have not used the editor browser yet. I've only watched one video on how to use it.

In the meantime, I just go here for a metronome. https://drumbit.app/

Honestly if you take 10 minutes to try out the drag and drop function in EZdrummer2 you'll soon realise that you can create great sounding drums for an entire song is less than 5 minutes. I find, if i have a good drum track to go along with my idea then it inspires me to play and to record.

Watch this Ola Englund EZdrummer2 demo, it'll show you how easy it is to use.

(1) Drum tracks in 5 min - EZDrummer 2 tutorial - YouTube

• Honestly if you take 10 minutes to try out the drag and drop function in EZdrummer2 you'll soon realise that you can create great sounding drums for an entire song is less than 5 minutes. I find, if i have a good drum track to go along with my idea then it inspires me to play and to record.

Watch this Ola Englund EZdrummer2 demo, it'll show you how easy it is to use.

(1) Drum tracks in 5 min - EZDrummer 2 tutorial - YouTube

Thanks friend!

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

I have a drum pad with a 4x4 grid and with 1" buttons that I bought thinking it would be easier for me to just bang in a quick drum part. That approach is absolutely workable but for me it's not instinctive and I found it took a lot of time to get parts down. Not so much the timing as I can always quantize it, but thinking like a drummer.

While the control freak in me loved the capabilities, the time it took carried me away from the inspiration of the song as the day would then become about programming drums. Maybe it's because I code for a living, but that just puts me in a completely different head space, and one where the guitar doesn't usually live.

Eventually a friend turned me on to EZ Drummer (friends love to spend your money) and like Franjoe30 said, the browser / drag & drop made it super easy to bang out a drum part. Plus, the parts were played by actual drummers who, you know, think like a drummer, so it was much better than what I was doing manually. When I get a song down I'll then often go in and manually add some fills specific to that song. Often I use EZ fills for that and just tweak them so that they punch where I want to punch.

It's a lot like the Kemper versus not having to dial in tones on an amp, mic it, EQ it, and so on. The quality of my drum parts skyrocketed and the ease of use eliminated a ton of friction, allowing me to just focus on playing guitar instead of being a programmer.

I find, if i have a good drum track to go along with my idea then it inspires me to play and to record.

Very much the same with me. I can work up a song on guitar and it's fun to play, but once I have bass and drums behind it, it feels like an actual song and everything ramps up a notch.

? Thanks. Honestly, with me it's all just luck and the love of writing tunes

And lots of coffee! :)

Kemper remote -> Powered toaster -> Yamaha DXR-10