Diezel Herbert, Diezel Einstein, JCM800 up

• Hey man,

love these profiles, many thanks for sharing them with us!

I wonder if it would be possible to make some more varied profiles of the JCM800? Maybe a couple of different amp settings as well as a couple of different mic positions. Also do you have the equipment to make DI profiles of these amps?

Either way, the current profiles Rock!

Cheers

Spence

• thanks! :)

I will do some more profiling in the future. My priority this time was to get some Diezel Herbert profiles, that come as close as possible to my live sound, to use them for future recordings. Mission accomplished ;)

The JCM800 will get more attention soon. This amp hasn´t been used for years. My bandmate used it in his early days and never got a decent sound out of it, as I remember. To my surprise it sounded really great for the short test profiles I did. I have to take more time to find the sweet spots of this amp.

I never did DI-profiles of real amps - what do I have to do?

• Your profiles are outstanding! I really like the 3rd channel of the Herbert and the VH4, also like the other ones, but those are my favorites.
    Besides that I really like your Bogner profiles with the bender fuzz and the wooly mamooth. What great equipment you have!

Do you think you could do another profile with the wooly mammoth and aiming for a sound like this one? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icrNkmf9uyQ
    I ask cause I heard that Jack's been using one on this song and the sound is quite obvious ;)

Anyways, just wanted to thank you for the great profiles. Have to check out the preamps as well!

• great you found some profiles working for you - and thank you for the kind words!

In a week I´ll get a Diezel Schmidt amp. Of course I´ll profile it. I´ll make some profiles with pedals as well, so maybe I can come close to this great Jack White sound from the video.
    Profiling fuzz boxes is not the easiest task, some of them seem to come out quite different from the original, sometimes different but surprisingly good! 8)
    The KPA has problems with too much distortion, noise and the octave up effects some fuzzes provide. I tried to make some profiles with a ZVex Fuzz Factory and failed. The Wooly Mammoth was easier to handle.

• Thanks for the profiles... the VH4 profile is one of my favorites (and was the profile when I first heard it that convinced me the KPA was the right choice for me!). I am very much looking forward to more profiles from you! :D

• Make sure to inform us when you profiled the Diezel Schmidt ;). Looking forward to it! And I can imagine that it's not the easiest task to profile amps along with fuzz boxes but maybe the profiler will take the wooly mammoth at more extreme settings well.