Diezel Herbert, Diezel Einstein, JCM800 up

• Hi folks,

had an afternoon full of noise, here are the results I´d like to share:

DIEZEL HERBERT
    all channels, including + und - modes of channel 2
    Cab is a Diezel 4x12" frontloaded with Celestion G12K100. They sound broooootal und ultra precise, but not as musical as for example Vintage 30s. Contemporary Metal all the way!

3 mic positions for each channel:
    01 = mic straight off center, my prefered one
    02 = more towards the edge of the speaker, more mellow
    03 = straight full center. Not my cup of tea, but I hear those sounds in lots of modern metal records

I already uploaded some profiles of this amp some weeks ago. Back then I had the Kemper only a few days and didn´t get it quite right, for my tastes. I was tweaking these profiles a lot, but never came close to my live tone - so I did it again, much better now!

DIEZEL EINSTEIN
    one profile of each channel 1 modes and one of channel 2
    Cab is a Engl 2x12" with Celestion Vintage 60 speakers.

What a nasty amp! Where the mighty Herbert smashes your face without warning, the Einstein comes to stab your back X(
    8)

MARSHALL JCM800 2205 Lead Series

3 profiles with different gain settings
    Cab is a MArshall 1960 Vintage, with Celestion Vintage 30s. Allegedly this was the cab, Larry Carlton chose to rent out of many different MArshall cabs for a tour in Germany. The guy I bought this cab from told me so.....anyway, I like it a lot!

I used a Heil PR40 mic and a Chandler Germanium preamp for the complete profiling session.

So, I hope you have some fun with the profiles!

• dankeschön ;)

the G12K100 speaker is for a big part resposible for that extreme cutting through. It´s a bit of a struggle to play good with that speaker, because it´s totally unforgiving. But when you´re in good shape, you blow away everybody ;)

JB: I reimported them, cabs were there....

• The G12K100 is indeed a great speaker. Too bad you can´t get them in 16Ohms, else i would have put one or 2 out them in my cabs. Funny thing is that there evidently existed 16 Ohm Versions, they were stock in those Fender MH412 Cabs. If anyone got one those and wants to trade 1 or 2 speakers, contact me :)

Joe, the cabs are there. Only the two main display fields of the cab info are blank...

• well, ok, it looks the same here....

the cabs are audibel, just the info doesn´t show up

this is one thing I don´t get: what do I have to do to get my cab settings I do at the upload page visible?

another oddity is, that some of my amp settings name "Christoph Kemper" as the author.

I really hope for a proper editor programm very soon, to get those details sorted....it takes quite some time to get all those profiles together, so I´d prefer to have them in a perfect shape instead of getting random info settings

rant over ;)

• A big salute to r_u_serious. The Cab profile of the Herbert CH3 3 rig is really a modern metal dream, about the most brutal one on the KPA yet that´s still usable and well balanced.

Any chance you can make any more profiles with the exact same settings and only minimal shifts from the center to the the edge? Would be awesome :thumbup:

• The Diezel profiles are killer!! The only issue I had was going back to rate them and remembering which was which. You are doing a great job of capturing tone and dynamic nuances. Not sure how many amps you have access to but I would encourage you to borrow more and please continue! :thumbup:

• @ tylerhb:
    most of my equipment is still in my rehearsal room, so maybe I´ll find some time for some more profiling at the end of the week.

maybe you can give a short tutorial in how to name cab profiles, like your cabs, with numers, that are still visible after you saved them with another amp? I just have an trial and error method and usually end with an error ;)

Or maybe some folks around here would be so kind to just receive my profiles when done and do the renaming? that would be awesome!

• The Diezel profiles are killer!! The only issue I had was going back to rate them and remembering which was which. You are doing a great job of capturing tone and dynamic nuances. Not sure how many amps you have access to but I would encourage you to borrow more and please continue! :thumbup:

there are some more amps....
    I already did a Bogner Ecstacy, which I don´t like any more. I plan to profile this amp with different cabs.

A Engl Blackmore is in reach, a Ibanez Thermion, which is in fact a pretty good Rectifier clone, maybe I can borrow a Diezel Hagen, my old Marshall JMP Superbass....

• maybe you can give a short tutorial in how to name cab profiles, like your cabs, with numers, that are still visible after you saved them with another amp? I just have an trial and error method and usually end with an error ;)

Well, this really is a bit annoying. You could use the field "source cabinet" with something like "r_u_serious Diezel 001" and then simply raise the numbers. You can save some time if you do a single profile and upload it to the rig exchange as private. There, edit the tags as exactly as possible and download and reimport in into the KPA (better delete the original first). Browse and select this rig before taking further profiles. When you now take a new profile, the tags shoud already be there.After editing the "Source cabinet" field in the cab tags with the raising numbers profiles, the storing of the cab files is pretty easy. Select a rig, hit "Cabinet", then store. Select a name with the raising numbers. When you are done, do a backup and extraxt the cabs from the backup file.

• Loving the all the Herberts, especially the 3 - 3 with some active pups. Going to load up the Einsteins now.

Thanks a ton!