Kemper Kab on the way: profile questions

• So with the Kemper Kab heading this way...

I currently use a toaster with an Atomic CLR.. I would say that I used to the sound...

With my current profiles I use ... what will be different?

Do I need to use different profiles? Direct?

I currently use mattfig super lead profiles for the majority of my stuff...

Does having the cab in the profile defeat the reason for the imprints? Or if the cab is v30 and I use the Imprint v30 should be close?

• Does having the cab in the profile defeat the reason for the imprints? Or if the cab is v30 and I use the Imprint v30 should be close?

Does having the cab in the profile defeat the reason for the imprints?

No - you need to have a cabinet in the Profile to use the Imprint. If the Profile does not contain a cabinet, the Kone automatically switches to full-range mode.

if the cab is v30 and I use the Imprint v30 should be close?

The Imprint is designed to sound like a V30, without a microphone. The cab in the profile contains the sound of the microphone used to make the profile, so they will not sound exactly the same.

• Make sure you have your volume way down before cranking up the Kabinet for the first time. Unless breaking the sound barrier is something you like. ;)

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• Imprints are really good IMO, but keep in mind they only emulate speakers not the cabinet and the Kab is physically a 1x12. So if you have a profile with V30s in a 4x12 cab, the Kab with the V30 imprint will sound different... like a V30 in a 1x12 (unmic’d).

Thats why for high gain stuff some of us prefer to use full range mode

• I guess it comes down to do I like the Kemper or the CLR...

so the feed to FOH stays the same?

FOH stays the same and requires something in the CAB section.

The Kabinet is primarily meant for the player's ears. If you want a 412 sound to monitor - then you need a 412 with Kones to do that. The Kabinet makes no attempt to emulate multiple speakers. The compromise you make with a CLR is that you get the sound of 4 12" speakers cooking....but one colored by the microphone(s) and room used to capture it.

The whole point of the Kabinet is to provide a true amp-in-the-room feel.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• And in that regard Kabinet passes the test with flying colours.

I'm planning to go pick a Kabinet up in a couple of weeks. Just hasn't made sense for the way I was using my KPA until now.

But I've been drooling over it ever since they were announced.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche