Shoot a video with the iPhone using Kemper as an audio input

• Hi gents,

I own a non powered Kemper toaster which I play in my apartment just with the headphones (no monitor, no speakers) and I need to shoot videos of myself in this condition.

Reason is that I have recently subscribed to an online lesson service with a professional guitarist: his lessons are pre-recorded but he's asking the students to submit videos at the beginning as well as regularly during the progress of the course to judge the performance and provide recommandations.

At the moment, I don't have any DAW nor any audio interface.

I have zero experience with video making.

I don't own a dedicated camera and would gladly avoid investing in new equipment if not strictly necessary.

Obviously, I don't expect studio recording sound quality: just good enough to fit the purpose.

Would it be possible to use the iPhone to shoot such a video?

What output shall I use from the Kemper to enter into the iPhone?

And what HW device is needed to connect the output from the Kemper into the iPhone lightning connector?

What app shall I use in the Iphone to perform the video recording?

And how to tell the app to take the audio from the external input (Kemper in this case)?

I am sure there is an easy answer to this question of mine, but I looked around - the kemper forum, youtube as well as the internet - and I could not find any.

• Go get you some cheap 3'' desktop speakers with the 1/8" stereo plug. Then purchase a 1/8"-to-1/4" stereo adapter, and plug those into the Kemper headphone jack. Play guitar and record a video with your phone. Create a youtube account and (share) upload the video to youtube. Then send the link of the video to your teacher. That's about as basic and simple as you can get.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• Hi BayouTexan, thanks for the feedback. Yes, this is an option; but actually this is not what I'm looking for.

In fact, one of my requriments was to use headphones - so, no Kemper headhphone output availabe and no sound in the room via speakers allowed.

This is because while I am playing (by the way, usually at late night hours) I want to enjoy the sound quality of the Kemper at its fullest (via the headphones); the quality of the sound in the viedo recording may not be at the same high level, that's ok.

I do see lots of videos on youtube of people playing using headphones (so, no speakers). I'm not talking about YT superstars with a professional studio; I'm talking about amateurs who, I guess, uses a relatively simple setup: possibly just a modeler, a phone, and some kind of interface to inteconnect the two. My quesiton is: how can this be done?

• as ST said, there are lots of interfaces which are compatible with mobile devices but for simplicity and guaranteed success I would stick with a dedicated iPhone compatible interface like the IKmultimedia stuff. Just google iPhone audio interface and you should get alternatives from other manufacturers.

you should be able to take a single output from any of the KPA sockets but I would probably set main output to mono and use as basic TS cable (guitar cable or patch cable) into the interface.

• I have recently subscribed to an online lesson service with a professional guitarist: his lessons are pre-recorded but he's asking the students to submit videos at the beginning as well as regularly during the progress of the course to judge the performance and provide recommandations.

May I ask which service that is? Sounds interesting.