2 X 12 Cabinet with Kemper Kones for a guitar or bass with a open and closed back option.

• I'd love to see a 2 X 12 Cabinet with Kemper Kones offering a removable back panel to be able to make it a true open or a closed back cab. I've read in the forum that the Kone speakers can support a bass, but not in the current Kemper cabs which rattle from the extended lows. I would like to see a new cab reinforced enough to be able to use it with a bass as well as guitar. It would be nice if it also had a removable port in the front for even more extended bass output when needed. Options for stereo power amp built in and an un-powered version. Heavy duty metal corners to make it road worthy.

I have played through many of the old Roland JC120 amps and even though the the stereo field was not spread across the room, it still gave an awesome stereo sound which was worlds bigger and better than mono.

• It's really easy to build your own from a kit, I did refurbish an old 2x12 vintage bass amp cab and it's the best and most versatile amp I've heard in my life , I use it to practice, and especially to monitor all my KPA recordings on guitars, bass and even keys.

Whole cost : a pair of Kones and a simple kit , way under 600€ and sounding like a 4K amp.

• What kind of cab did you use and did you wire it stereo?

I mounted a single Kone, next project is a 2 x 12 , but I'll have to saw another hole in the front panel. I'll run it in stereo as my power amp pedal is stereo (Harley Benton Custom Line Thunder 99 ) .

My cab is a vintage Mars Amp from the 60's or 70's.

More details here :

Kone & Kabinet Q&A

• We are really lucky that Kemper sells speakers independently and be able to do so.

The other brand that brings the non-miced speaker emulation is Line6 with Powercab familly but due to its design you have to buy the unit itself, no other choice.

Here, you can create what you want.... ;) :thumbup: :/ 8) :D