Powered Kabinet: not very loud?

• Powered Kabinet: not very loud?

Unpowered Kemper toaster...into powered Kemper Kab...

is not very loud? Is there a setting somewhere?

My Kab with monitor output at 0db

My CLR is much louder ... even if I dial back the monitor output to -5db or more...

• Is the powered Kabinet loud enough for gigs?

That's a good question.

I have the unpowered Kab.

I've only done 2 outside gigs with it in a parking lot last year (covid sucks). I used a Seymour Duncan SD700 amp with it. It was absolutely more than enough not only for backline but for my only sound source (no input to PA).

Now, with the latest Kemper update we have the Power Amp Boost. With that and my Camplifier 290 (2x90w) I feel I can get enough power to reproduce those gig volumes.

That said, to me it is only going to be for small gigs. Otherwise it is perfect for personal stage monitoring along with your Main out to PA.

In short, although I don't own a powered Kab, I'm betting the experience will be the same as mine.

• Thanks.

• Is the powered Kabinet loud enough for gigs?

I have the unpowered Kab which I run from my powered rack - although the powered version is 600 watts, the Kab is rated at 200w.

It is ear blistering loud and running at between 25 to 50 watts...

This irrelevant for gig size as you should go via PA anyway and any back line should be used for just that...IMO.

• This irrelevant for gig size as you should go via PA anyway and any back line should be used for just that...IMO.

This.

The Kabinet can reach ear-bleeding volume, but that's not the intended purpose. Amp-in-the-room sound & feel for the player is what its about.

As V8guitar above has said, you want to use the main outs to go into the PA for sound reinforcement. You can use it for rehearsal where a PA may not be needed for volume...but putting a little guitar through the PA at rehearsals helps lower the required volume for everyone to hear everyone else.

It also makes your guitar sound yuge, with lots of bigness. :)

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• It's great it'll go LOUD :)

But how about quiet - would getting a powered kabinet be a good bedroom shhhhh practice set up?

Thanks for any advice or experience!

• sorry for the delay..

I will be honest for me …it is not… I also have an atomic CLR… and the the CLR is much louder…

Which I expected…

I returned the the cab back to Kemper

The powered kabinet is 200w.

The unpowered Kabinet is rated at 200W, so even though I run my powered rack rated at 600w, Im not going over 200w, so broad equivalent power available.

I have gigged my Kabinet about 4 or 5 tiomnes so far and maybe 15 times at rehearsal ( which arguably required more power as I ddon;t use the pa for the guitar).

It has plenty of power - I play metal and the drummer is very loud. No issue with volume even though I don;t think I have my "cut" fully dialed in.

• thanks…

maybe I did something wrong in the settings… but the CLR was so much louder…

Oh well to late now…I did like the the Kemper…I have thought of getting a power amp…in the clr goes down and I need to use a regular cab or maybe the unpowered Kemper…