New Kemper user - An old school valve/tube amp user turning to Kemper by accident

• Sounds like you are getting there. Couple of tips from me:

1) Don;t over tweak. If the sound isn't quite there, move on to another profile

2) Avoid Profile paralysis - the main difference between a regular amp and the KPA is the amount of options, which is both good and bad. Do this by not going on an endless quest for sonic nirvana but getting your sound to something really good ( as opposed to perfect)

3) With a regular amp, you never think about the difference between the amp in the room and mic'ed sound. Don't forget the KPA is the mic'ed sound and that is the most important sound ( as its what is recorded and heard by the audience).

Hope that makes sense, and welcome aboard!!

• I have kept it with three different amp models and I have also had the "old school" effect processing in mind when programming my profiles. So I basically re-reate the sounds I had before, but the Kemper gives med the option of a lot more different pedals, so I can get more ambient sounds in the background of my clean parts. But as you say, Dont over tweak. The same goes for old school amps and pedals too.

• I have kept it with three different amp models and I have also had the "old school" effect processing in mind when programming my profiles. So I basically re-reate the sounds I had before, but the Kemper gives med the option of a lot more different pedals, so I can get more ambient sounds in the background of my clean parts. But as you say, Dont over tweak. The same goes for old school amps and pedals too.

Fab.

I also found Morph very useful. If you haven;t checked it out yet, have a look, especially if you play live and have the remote. I use it to boost riffs.

• I accidentally plugged in to a tube amp once - man, all that feedback and screeching - it was obviously broken too as there was no performance mode or morph pedal.

Was glad to get back to my Kemper//