New gear for metal heads using Kemper

• I use the Kemper for everything but am looking for some toys to go with my Kemper.

I almost ended up buying a Triple Wreck pedal until I heard they sound like dogshit.

Anyone have any good suggestions?

• The most common for metal is any kind of tubescreamer. But many profiles have it baked in. Some don't and then you can use any of your own OD pedal. Or the kemper driver. Maxon did lincense their tubescreamer to Ibanez 80-83 or 84. So any Maxon 808 or TS-9 made today will do the job. They are more aggressive than Ibanez tubescreamers made today.

Think for yourself, or others will think for you wihout thinking of you

Henry David Thoreau

• For any drive pedal, there's a very good chance that it can be emulated by the new Kemper Drive and Fuzz effects, with the added advantage that those are entirely integrated in your Rigs.

Pedals like the Freqout, the Mimiq and the Plus are more interesting because they do something the Kemper can't (yet) do. Also, for a super cool toy, check out the Vibesware Guitar Resonator, which is kind of like an E-bow fed by the output of your guitar. It generates feedback at any volume by implementing an actual feedback loop (audio > magnetic resonance > string vibrations > audio etc.). Our other guitarist uses it and it sounds great.

• Interesting. I actually just bought a Triple Wreck 3wks ago, which I've been using with my JCM2000 TSL122 for rehearsal. I like it tbh, but, it'll never truly sound like a Mesa as my Marshall's character still comes through.

• How about a Boss HM-2? It will re-released again soon. Sounding just like the original and also in the second position, more modern. Some bands blend it in with tracks with OD. It can be used like an amp too with with OD.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Henry David Thoreau

• Eventide Eclipse, try one of the detune patches w/ 4 voices & pan settings for each, Kemper monitor out to the eventide, eventide & kemper stereo outs into a mixer... BAM.

Buy another effect unit that cost more than a kemper? For what? A preset? Oh and lets not forget a mixer too. BAM!

Henry David Thoreau

• Try the Green Scream OD in front of a Metal DS for metal tones. No toys required.

Good advice! I bought a used Ibanez TS Mini some years back, and it's a great little machine, but after following advice on here about setting the Green Scream mix parameter to 80-ish percent, I couldn't discern a difference.

• Try the Green Scream OD in front of a Metal DS for metal tones. No toys required.

Green Scream as a level and mid-range boost in front of a appropiate Profile - and extremely good strength and technique in the picking hand - that's where the tone is. Time-based effects that make the guitar appear wider might sound good in an instant gratification kind of way, but the best way to achieve this is by double/triple/quad-tracking. 'Tricks' or toys often fall apart in the mixing stage and/or can cause serious problems/headaches.
    It's always best to have solid, strong takes without any trickery.

• Green Scream as a level and mid-range boost in front of a appropiate Profile - and extremely good strength and technique in the picking hand - that's where the tone is. Time-based effects that make the guitar appear wider might sound good in an instant gratification kind of way, but the best way to achieve this is by double/triple/quad-tracking. 'Tricks' or toys often fall apart in the mixing stage and/or can cause serious problems/headaches.
    It's always best to have solid, strong takes without any trickery.

Stay away from the head aches problems. :DMaybe should come with a warning on the green screen.

Henry David Thoreau

• Well, I've been told I have Zakk Wylde strength so I have actually been trying to soften up my attack to save strings. Hence the need for double-stacked - double-tracked attack. :P

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• +1 on the Freqout, I've been using it a fair bit for recording at the moment to get some realistic 'in the room' feel going. I've ended up recording the different harmonics and cross-fading between them as that is more 'lifelike' behaviour.

• Buy another effect unit that cost more than a kemper? For what? A preset? Oh and lets not forget a mixer too. BAM!

Exactly or another 10,000 presents really, Eclipse is endless. Isn't this thread about adding more gear to use with your kemper. Integrating other rack effects is pretty awesome, but sure so is just having the toaster and nothing else. If I add other pedals I'll still need a power supply, cables etc... so why not try some rack stuff out. As great as the kemper is you may be surprised what adding a parallel signal path can do in the studio.

• Exactly or another 10,000 presents really, Eclipse is endless. Isn't this thread about adding more gear to use with your kemper. Integrating other rack effects is pretty awesome, but sure so is just having the toaster and nothing else. If I add other pedals I'll still need a power supply, cables etc... so why not try some rack stuff out. As great as the kemper is you may be surprised what adding a parallel signal path can do in the studio.

I need a microphone. What you do guys suggest?

Get this. It's only 2000$ and it's a must if you want a good sound.

But Billie Eilish used a cheap mic and it sounds good

Hrm....you need a good preamp. It's a must if you want a good sound and they cost 2-4000$

Henry David Thoreau