8.2.0.28009 Release - Discussion

• Eagle eyes will see the last Rig in the list above with the suffix BTex.

That's a rig I modded using some of the EQ suggestions BayouTexan made. I really like it.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• No, i don't think so.
    Yes Presets are handled like Rigs in Preset Packs like Rig Packs by the RM installation and will be delivered within the installation process.

if you look into the OSX Package (MAC) or into the Programmfolder (Windows) you will find the preset pack folder (Resources/Preset Packs).
    But will be not displayed --- It's a bug sorry.

Hi Yoda, as Paul and others have said, I’m pretty sure it’s not a bug but a fundamental change to the way factory content is handled.

• I am still confused, where is Rig Manager 3.2.28?

it is the 3.2 BETA one that pops-up on your "check for updates" but it is in fact the 3.2.28 that you need to install OS 8.2.0 ... - it is very confusing. After installation it says 3.2.28 (no mention of BETA on Splash screen)

• Hi Yoda, as Paul and others have said, I’m pretty sure it’s not a bug but a fundamental change to the way factory content is handled.

So this mean I can't delete Firmware preset's any more ?

One of the great advantages of the KPA for me was that I could delete everything that I don't use or need.

This applies to the supplied profiles as well as to presets.

The assumption that every user has to have exactly these firmware presets on his system is an arogant way of thinking.

That already bothered me with Line6 and Fractal.

That was the reason to buy a profiler instead of a modeller.

For different reasons, I will maybe use 10% of that presets supplied by the manufacturer (not my music style, using external effects etc).

For me it is simply superfluous ballast.

I think it will be time for me to look for other solutions.

Be the force with you ;)

• Arrogant? Huh.

So many people complained that once they changed a preset, they couldn't get back to 'zero' with any certainty. The presets are there so people can have starting points. They can also see how certain parameters affect the sound. I also like having them so I can dial up a sound similar to plugging in a new pedal.

The Kemper Drive proved that 'loose' presets was a pain. It was frustrating as all hell for me.

Can't please everyone, nor should you try. But calling CK and Company arrogant for doing something 10+ years on that others have done since before Kemper existed is puzzling. Others might call it catching up.

• You don’t have use them, it’s not like they force them to be used with every rig. ?

• Arrogant? Huh.

So many people complained that once they changed a preset, they couldn't get back to 'zero' with any certainty. The presets are there so people can have starting points. They can also see how certain parameters affect the sound. I also like having them so I can dial up a sound similar to plugging in a new pedal.

The Kemper Drive proved that 'loose' presets was a pain. It was frustrating as all hell for me.

Can't please everyone, nor should you try. But calling CK and Company arrogant for doing something 10+ years on that others have done since before Kemper existed is puzzling. Others might call it catching up.

Many users did not understand that you can save your own presets at any time and that you cannot overwrite the preset packs.
    If you have accidentally overwritten a preset in the Kemper, you can easily restore it from the Preset Pack using "drag and drop".

In addition, I did not say that CK or employees of the Kemper company were arrogant, but that this way of thinking is arrogant.

For some time now I have been observing that the Kemper is changing from a professional tool to a consumer toy.

I bought my Kemper at a time when the focus was on amp profiling, reliability and simplicity. In the meantime, with the introduction of software version 7, the aim is to turn it into a "jack of all trades device", with corresponding consequences in terms of susceptibility to errors and stability.

Be the force with you ;)

• For some time now I have been observing that the Kemper is changing from a professional tool to a consumer toy.

CK has said for years - profiling has gone as far as he believes he can take it.

As for your quote above, that ignores the last 10+ years of history.

It's always been an attempt at a jack-of-all-trades device. Otherwise why bother providing dedicated knobs for modulation, delay and reverb since day one? For years people have worked to use the KPA by itself, with no outboard gear. Complaining that it's become better at doing something its always done? Again....puzzling.

• CK has said for years - profiling has gone as far as he believes he can take it.

As for your quote above, that ignores the last 10+ years of history.

It's always been an attempt at a jack-of-all-trades device. Otherwise why bother providing dedicated knobs for modulation, delay and reverb since day one? For years people have worked to use the KPA by itself, with no outboard gear. Complaining that it's become better at doing something its always done? Again....puzzling.

I disagree with you at all, instead of working to fix the existing one, the Kemper is by no means free from bugs.

New features are being added all the time that I didn't pay for and don't want to have.

But to get support I have to have the latest version installed.

It's like taking my car to the shop for service and it's being repainted in a new color without prompting.

The terms UPDATE and UPGRADE are constantly being confused here.

Anyway, I'm not willing to go through 400+ presets on the Kemper to find my own.

They can neither be deleted nor filtered out, that is not acceptable to me.

Be the force with you ;)

• You're exaggerating in the extreme with having to go through 400 presets. That sound very much as if you haven't even tried it.

If you have - then I apologize. But the way it's implemented makes it pretty simple to filter through. About as easy as I've ever seen it done, and that goes back to the original Pod 1.0.

With respect, you're the first person I've encountered that's complained about the addition of free features.

• You're exaggerating in the extreme with having to go through 400 presets. That sound very much as if you haven't even tried it.

If you have - then I apologize. But the way it's implemented makes it pretty simple to filter through. About as easy as I've ever seen it done, and that goes back to the original Pod 1.0.

With respect, you're the first person I've encountered that's complained about the addition of free features.

Yes i did test it, and its not only the effect presets much more problematic are output presets and cab presets or amp presets.

And yes I don´t like new features if they are not agreed with the customer.

For professional use, consistency and reliability are much more important than new fancy features.

In principle, updates should fix errors and not add further sources of error.

Be the force with you ;)

• Yes i did test it, and its not only the effect presets much more problematic are output presets and cab presets or amp presets.

And yes I don´t like new features if they are not agreed with the customer.

For professional use, consistency and reliability are much more important than new fancy features.

In principle, updates should fix errors and not add further sources of error.

Why not read the change log before you update?

If you dont like the changes being implemented, don't update your device.

• As for output, cab and amp presets.....those have no factory settings. There are no factory presets to contend with.

At least with Amp and Cab - you can save your own presets and those will be the ONLY ones that appear when you right click on the amp or cab icon in RM. You can still see them in the left folder tree and use them the old way as well.

As for updates - *every* software update on any system you care to name fixes some problems and introduces others. Nothing ever ships bug free. No matter how good the developers are or how much they test. Especially with varying OS versions...PC, Mac....hardware configurations. You cannot test for every combination. So...yeah....bugs.

I'm sorry you're not happy with the further development of the KPA. I really am.

But I suppose someone has to be annoyed for the rest of us to be happy.....Your turn in the box. ;)

• Why not read the change log before you update?

If you dont like the changes being implemented, don't update your device.

As I wrote I'm back to Version 8.0.6 ..
    I read the release notes but i did not find anything under 8.2.0 now
    i see they wrote it under 8.1.0 witch is a BETA.

Be the force with you ;)

• As for output, cab and amp presets.....those have no factory settings. There are no factory presets to contend with.

I will doublecheck this,

The Factory Preset Pack has also included output, amp, and cab settings.

By example you select All-Presets / myProfiler (on the left side) and only user presets will be listet on the right side.
    Clicking the right mouse button on a stomp slot also factory presets are listed, also on KPA.

As i wrote im Back to 8.0.6 and i think i will no longer go forward with Kemper updates.
    Have a nice evening.

Be the force with you ;)