8.2.0.28009 Release - Discussion

• It's always a dilemma for some users whether to upgrade to the newest version straight away. I prefer to leave it and let others discover any bugs which usually get picked up in the first few weeks (talking release versions here, not betas).

As much as i have had a bit of fun playing with the new FX i will effectively be using my KPA with the same sounds and set-up as i have the past few years so could quite easily have bypassed the last few upgrades. Lockdown was a good time to have a dabble.

The advice from Kemper is use the latest version (as is the case with any software manufacturer) though it may result in a change of features that the user didnt want or need to adapt to.

The main reason i upgraded was because I upgraded rig-manager in order to audition some new sounds which then required me to update my KPA OS in order to connect.

So far so good but want to test it hard as the first gig (in ages!!) is in two weeks time.

Whether we like the upgrades or not, you have to hand it to Kemper that they are as passionate about the KPA as they have been from day one and i still look forward to new (and exciting) features and effects. Whether i find them useful or like the the OS changes is another thing!

• Whether we like the upgrades or not, you have to hand it to Kemper that they are as passionate about the KPA as they have been from day one and i still look forward to new (and exciting) features and effects. Whether i find them useful or like the the OS changes is another thing!

I fully agree with you.

But the problem arises when there is an implicit upgrade pressure through the back door.

If the bug fix is only available with the latest software version. If you only get support if you install the latest available OS version.

I like to differentiate between upgrade and update or major and minor releases and I am also willing to pay for upgrades (major releases).

Be the force with you ;)

• It would be nice if the delete function applied to factory presets. I don’t see why it shouldn’t. And I didn’t know that “virtual pedal board” user effects presets isn’t a thing on the Stage. That’s too bad. And there’s a lot that would make RM better. On and on and on ... Anyway buggy or not I’ve always jumped in to fw updates and been lucky I guess, some odd behavior here and there but no major crisis.

• It would be nice if the delete function applied to factory presets. I don’t see why it shouldn’t.

The number of people who said "I can't find the presets they said they had!!!!" when the new system was introduced was quite large.

A soft-button to 'hide' factory presets might be nice, with the default being on.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• <snip>

In my opinion it should be possible to delete and overwrite system presets.

I don't have an opinion (yet) on system presets, but I do think that I should be able to edit and save/overwrite my own presets, and that the naming convention for presets should not allow multiple presets of the same name.

• By the way, one reason why I always prefer a Kemper Rack or Toaster to the Kemper Stage is that I can save entire effects sections as presets,

even if the rig manager does not support this.

Totally agree on this one. Removing the ability to save and use effect section presets was a strange backward step which I wish they would rethink.

• and that the naming convention for presets should not allow multiple presets of the same name.

Totally agree. Just made a couple of output presets and they are all called "Output Preset". Now I need to locate them in RM and open each one to check what it is before renaming it. Just allowing the ability to name at the point of saving would be a massive help.

• Totally agree. Just made a couple of output presets and they are all called "Output Preset". Now I need to locate them in RM and open each one to check what it is before renaming it. Just allowing the ability to name at the point of saving would be a massive help.

Hm you don't get the option to change the name away from Output Preset when storing?

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• Totally agree on this one. Removing the ability to save and use effect section presets was a strange backward step which I wish they would rethink.

Agreed.

When building performances from scratch, being able to drag and drop Stomp, Effects and Amp sections is so useful.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• Hm you don't get the option to change the name away from Output Preset when storing?

No, there is no option to store Output Settings in Rig Manager. Only drag and drop with no ability to name until after dropping. You can name on the Profiler itself but not in RM as the official methodology is drag and drop where ever possible. I try to avoid reaching for the mouse unless in absolutely need to so the ability to save/copy/paste etc with key commands would be a very welcome option but even the ability to store from a mouse click which brings up a name field would be welcome.

• No, there is no option to store Output Settings in Rig Manager. Only drag and drop with no ability to name until after dropping.

I think it is not right. You can change the name of presets in the right section of RM. Just rename it in the namefield and leave the field. I wish that return-button on keyboard will do the change but you must leave the field by clicking with mouse in the list in the middle of the screen.

• I'm embarrassed to be so late to this party.

I'm loving the Kemper and the latest Rig Manager.

It was an easy update and is working well.

Rig Manager question...

I've made a couple of reverb presets that I love.

Is there a way to save them as user presets?

Thanks!

• I think it is not right. You can change the name of presets in the right section of RM. Just rename it in the namefield and leave the field. I wish that return-button on keyboard will do the change but you must leave the field by clicking with mouse in the list in the middle of the screen.

Yes, you can type a name into the right tag fields but do you not need to create the preset by dragging first?