Effects from Profiler be used outbound on another amp?

• Hi,

Since I still have a few older amps with no effects built in, is there a way to use just the effects from my Powerhead into these amps? If so, please explain how to make it happen.

Thanks!

• Never done it but I assume you could disable the amp and cab sections and go monitor out into the front of the amp, you would have to see if there is a way to change the output from Line to Instrument level in output settings, not sure if this is possible but others could chime in

• Thanks, I will have to do some research into that...

I am hoping others are out there that may have already tried doing this.

I still want to keep my old tube amps and it would be nice to be able to put some good quality effects into them.

• Never done it but I assume you could disable the amp and cab sections and go monitor out into the front of the amp, you would have to see if there is a way to change the output from Line to Instrument level in output settings, not sure if this is possible but others could chime in

No need to lower the output to instrument level.

As soon as your guitar signal hits an FX unit it will be line level afterwards.

Disable the stack (amp & cab) in the Profiler and you're good to go.

• ...but why would you?

Profile the amps then this isn't needed which is its main selling point/purpose.

The KPA is a very expensive fx unit. Its purpose (as you know) is amp emulation, so not making use of this and just the FX seems so counter productive to me.

• I still want to keep my old tube amps and it would be nice to be able to put some good quality effects into them.

I still have all my old valve amps and understand your desire to keep yours. However, I would take a different approach rather than your hybrid solution.

Rather than use the old amps with the KPA as an FX device I simply profile my amps and use the KPA for everything.

If I want a new sound I set up the real amp and make a new profile then use the profile.

• Well, after profiling, I am finding the Kemper to sound just as good if not better than the boat anchor tube monsters I have held onto so favorably till now.

Plus, with all the access to effects and programming, I now have a win-win!:thumbup:

• Well, after profiling, I am finding the Kemper to sound just as good if not better than the boat anchor tube monsters I have held onto so favorably till now.

Plus, with all the access to effects and programming, I now have a win-win!:thumbup:

Excellent news. This is the real power of the KPA.

I would recommend profiling different settings as the KPA will not fully replicate the behaviour of an amp, its a snapshot. For example, if you choose a different channel, it will have a different sound than just changing the gain. This is not bad as you have so many parameters to change ( including more flex than the original amp) but not the same.

Hope that makes sense!