HELP using monitors with kemper

• Hello!

Im about to buy a rack kemper. I use 2 iloud mtm active monitors and have a uad apollo solo interface to connect to my mac.

are these 2 options ok to do?

- can i connect the monitors direct to kemper? (how do you do that, "direct output" and "monitor output" as i read?)

- can i connect the monitors to the interface, and then the interface connected to the kemper through "main output" to the interface? if so, which cables have to be used from interface to kemper? (trs?)

thank you!

• Both those options should be ok. The preamps in your interface may colour things in a way that you don't like or maybe do like. So be sure to try both ways to find what works best for you.

• You won't get any colorization if you turn off preamps on the interface. TS connections are good enough from Kemper to interface. Some interface turn on the preamp if you plug in XLR cables. Just use the TS cables.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• You won't get any colorization if you turn off preamps on the interface. TS connections are good enough from Kemper to interface. Some interface turn on the preamp if you plug in XLR cables. Just use the TS cables.

Every day's a school day :) I'm looking into 1/4" cables now :thumbup: