In Ear Monitor Question

• For the past two rehearsals, my in ear monitors have only been coming out of one side. I don’t remember having this issue in the past. And if I plug my in ears into the head phones jack of my FM3 or Stage just to mess around at home, both sides produce sound. So I think they work properly. Unplugged and plugged back into my pack several times. Something on the board or mixer I need to do/check?

• Or a bad cable between the mixer and transmitter?

Also, if you're running stereo to the IEMs, maybe someone panned you hard L or R at the mixer.

Kemper remote -> Powered toaster -> Yamaha DXR-10

• Or a bad cable between the mixer and transmitter?

Also, if you're running stereo to the IEMs, maybe someone panned you hard L or R at the mixer.

I will have to check that. I know my Shure PSM300 has two channel inputs on the back but I don't ever remember using both. I remember using one and they worked both sides

• First, in case you don't have it, here's the link to the manual. Look into the sections regarding Mono / Stereo mode, and also Mix Mode, then visually verify that your settings and connections to the mixer are what they should be.

Shure PSM 300 Manual

My guess is that someone changed something (and didn't tell you about it) rather than equipment failure. Here are a few things I'd check. It's not comprehensive but should get you going in the right direction for debugging. I have a PSM 300 and I've made some of these mistakes.

1. Are the cables going from the mixer to L / R input of the receiver TRS or TS? It wants TRS. Pull the cables out and verify.
    2. Are you in Stereo mode or Mix Mode? I believe it defaults to stereo when you power up the body back, but worth confirming.
    3. Is the switch on the back set to stereo or mono?
      1. If mono, you should have one cable, and it should be going into the L input.
        1. Check that the feed from the mixer is a single mono output.
        2. If it's coming from a stereo mixer output and using TS rather than TRS cable, that would cut out one side of your earbuds.
        3. If you're not comfortable with mixers, talk to your sound guy and have him verify that you have a good mono mix coming out of that bus, using either TRS or if it's XLR that it's properly adapted to TRS.
      2. If stereo, trace the cables back to the mixer and verify:
        1. You're plugged into two outputs from the mixer.
        2. Check the mixer bus that your IEM mix is coming from and verify that it's stereo and panned hard L / R
        3. If you're not comfortable with mixers, talk to your sound guy and have him verify that you have a good stereo mix coming out of that bus.

Kemper remote -> Powered toaster -> Yamaha DXR-10