Kone/Kabinet management in KAOS 8.2

• I've noticed that the Output menu in 8.2 is different than 8.0's when it comes to K7K management.
    Now, checking Monitor cab Off makes the Imprints available. Furthermore, Sweetening turns into Directivity.
    I've checked Addendum 8.2 but was unable to find these differences documented.
    So ATM I am not sure this is by design or...? Seems too structured to be a bug :)

Still chasing a worthy one :/

• I don't see difference (besides Pwr Amp Boost required some UI space).

Other than that looks similar to me like it was before:

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I don't see difference (besides Pwr Amp Boost required some UI space).

Other than that looks similar to me like it was before:

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

This is not 8.2

Also, have you performed the test I suggest in the OP?

• Sweetening and Directivity have been alternatively greyed out in the past with toggeling the mode.

Now they share one location and get swapped by toggeling the mode.

Same result.

And it gave space to the new Boost parameter, that is needed for the Kemper Power Kabinets.

• Sweetening and Directivity have been alternatively greyed out in the past with toggeling the mode.

Now they share one location and get swapped by toggeling the mode.

Same result.

And it gave space to the new Boost parameter, that is needed for the Kemper Power Kabinets.

Thanks for your answer. But the main issue is that when checking Monitor Cab Off Imprints are activated. How can I use a linear, full range mode with no Imprints?

• Thanks for your answer. But the main issue is that when checking Monitor Cab Off Imprints are activated. How can I use a linear, full range mode with no Imprints?

• You probably use Direct PROFILEs in your live set, such as acoustic guitar sounds or bass Rigs. Direct PROFILEs are indicated by having the cabinet module set to “Empty” and feature a full-range sound. Running a full-range

sound through a traditional guitar speaker will sound unpleasant. Therefore, in Speaker Imprint mode (Monitor Cab Off active), when switching to a Direct PROFILE, KEMPER Kone will automatically switch to full-range mode for that Rig. No preparation required!

• For specific situations, e.g. temporarily playing bass guitar through a studio or merged PROFILE of a bass amp, you

can enforce full-range mode by selecting “Full-Range“ from the Imprint Select options found within the cabinet

module.

• If you are using the KEMPER Acoustic Simulator effect, you are advised to switch off the amplifier and cabinet

modules. This again makes the KEMPER Kone automatically switch to full-range mode for that Rig.

• You might want to use Direct Amp PROFILEs which have cabinet module set to “Empty” for running an electric

guitar into the Kone/Kabinet, without using a virtual cabinet in the cabinet module and feeding it to a mixing desk through the MAIN OUTPUT. In this case you still need to establish an active cabinet in the cabinet module and then

save the Rig. If you don’t, your PROFILE will be interpreted as a Direct PROFILE and played back in full-range mode. To make this process easier, you could activate a cabinet and LOCK it, so that it stays active for all your Rigs. It doesn’t matter which cabinet you choose.

• A signal on the Aux Input fed to the MONITOR OUTPUT by using the “Aux In >Monitor” control will be processed by

the KEMPER Kone intelligence as well. It will always be processed in full-range mode, even if you play your Rigs in

Speaker Imprint mode (Monitor Cab Off active).

• Use two cabinets equipped with KEMPER Kones as a mini PA, maybe for a spontaneous party. Feed your music

into the Aux Input in stereo, as classic PROFILER models activate Monitor Stereo, use a stereo power amp into the

cabinets. Only the guitar-speaker-like dispersion will make your cabinets sound different to a regular PA.

• The ultimate KEMPER Kone setup: Play guitar along to the stereo input using the speaker imprints, while the music

plays full-range, through the same cabinets.

• Pure Cabinet is naturally available for KEMPER Kone as well. As you would expect, it is only perceivable in full-

range mode, where the cabinet module is also fed to the KEMPER Kone. In speaker imprint mode, Pure Cabinet does not influence the tone.

• • For specific situations, e.g. temporarily playing bass guitar through a studio or merged PROFILE of a bass amp, you can enforce full-range mode by selecting “Full-Range“ from the Imprint Select options found within the cabinet module.

Thanks WTD, so outside specific situation what is the combination of controls that allows me to steadily/globally use Studio profiles with the Kone set in FR mode?
    It seems this is not possible outside individual rigs settings

• Thanks WTD, so outside specific situation what is the combination of controls that allows me to steadily/globally use Studio profiles with the Kone set in FR mode?
    It seems this is not possible outside individual rigs settings

Kemper Kone Enabled, Monitor Cabinet Off Disabled would achieve this at a global level.

If you want to be able to have some rigs FRFR and some with Imprints then you need to Enable Monitor Cab Off and select the appropriate version in the Cabinet section of the Stack. Full Range Mode for FRFR and a specific Imprint or (use global imprint) for the Imprint rigs.

• Kemper Kone Enabled, Monitor Cabinet Off Disabled would achieve this at a global level.

If you want to be able to have some rigs FRFR and some with Imprints then you need to Enable Monitor Cab Off and select the appropriate version in the Cabinet section of the Stack. Full Range Mode for FRFR and a specific Imprint or (use global imprint) for the Imprint rigs.

Ah, makes sense, thank you :)
    I guess I was misled by the notion that MonitorCabOff would switch the processing to linear mode...