Ordered my first Kemper - Setup sufficient

• Hey everyone,

i´ve just ordered my first Kemper, I´m hoping it will be here soon.

Im planning on playing trough Sennheiser 650 HD and a Boss Katana 100 MK2. What do you guys think about the setup?

I have a Behringer Ultra Tube Gain 500, would that be sufficient as an audio interface or should I look for something else?

Cant wait to delve into the Kemper, any resources you´d recommend for a beginner?

• I was under the impression that I could use the Katana as a Power Amp, what advantages does a regular Guitar Cab have?

My main use with the Kemper will be headphones due to thin walls haha.

Which Guitar Cab would you recommend?

What about Studio Monitors?

• Hi, Hamburgo2000,

Welcome to the community and congratulations on ordering your Kemper Profiler. What model did you get?

The Katana 100 MKII has

• Power Amp In for preamps, modelers, and multi-effects

"The Katana-100 MkII rocks as a standalone amp, but it also excels as a powered cabinet for a favorite preamp, modeler, or multi-effects unit. Connecting to the rear-panel Power Amp In jack bypasses Katana MkII's preamp and effects, letting you tap straight into the Tube Logic power section, complete with grab-and-go Power Control. And with BOSS Tone Studio, the input can be easily optimized for your particular gear with a high-pass filter and adjustable gain."

I'd certainly try that. I've seen a review of the Katana 100 MKII where the reviewer was enthusiastic about using the Power Amp In with modelers and perhaps even the Kemper Profiler. That was awhile ago and I'm sorry - I can't find it now.

Here are some important resources for you!

? Kemper Manuals and Quick Start guides ?

? Rig Manager Download and Documentation ??

? Kemper Tutorials & Demos (videos) ?

? Before you buy Commercial Rigs and Profiles check out the Rig Manager for Rig Packs and Rig Exchange

? Kemper FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)

• Hi, Hamburgo2000,

Here you go.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I was under the impression that I could use the Katana as a Power Amp, what advantages does a regular Guitar Cab have?

My main use with the Kemper will be headphones due to thin walls haha.

Which Guitar Cab would you recommend?

What about Studio Monitors?

I have the power rack so I just use my 4x12 marshall cab. Been that way for going on 2 years and I love it.

• Damn how come I havent stumbled upon these videos yet, thank you very much,

Im quite pleased with the Sound portait here. But a Guitar Cabinet is tempting.. haha

Any must have packs out there or should I "just" play around with the Kemper at first?

• Learn your Kemper first. Adjust the HP and LP filters in the Output menu (High Cut / Low Cut) first and then play around with the OEM profiles. If you find them lacking then spring $$$ for commercial stuff. I've had my Kemper now for 5 months and have not found the need for commercial profiles yet. If I do decide to buy some I will be very discriminate on which I would choose. No need to spend $100's for profiles to get good tone, IMO.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• Learn your Kemper first. Adjust the HP and LP filters in the Output menu (High Cut / Low Cut) first and then play around with the OEM profiles. If you find them lacking then spring $$$ for commercial stuff. I've had my Kemper now for 5 months and have not found the need for commercial profiles yet. If I do decide to buy some I will be very discriminate on which I would choose. No need to spend $100's for profiles to get good tone, IMO.

Good to know that the quality of free profiles is so good, it probably takes up to a year or longer to kind of get a grasp on everything with the kemper.

Do you find yourself tweaking the knobs on the kemper often or do you stick to the profile as is?

Are there some resources on what the know does and so on? I think ToneJunkie TV has some good videos, would you agree?

• Good to know that the quality of free profiles is so good, it probably takes up to a year or longer to kind of get a grasp on everything with the kemper.

Do you find yourself tweaking the knobs on the kemper often or do you stick to the profile as is?

Are there some resources on what the know does and so on? I think ToneJunkie TV has some good videos, would you agree?

I always tweak, and usually more than 3 parameters each time.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.