Creating Ambient Drones

• Hi

Sorry if this is in the wrong section, even tho I am a registered owner for some reason I can't post under tips and tricks...

I came across this video on creating drones using the Strymon TL and a looper. Would anyone be willing to create a step by step process of doing the same (if it's possible) on the Kemper. I tried but my brain seems to go to mush trying to work it out. Any help would be awesome.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Best regards

Dale

• Sorry couldn’t watch the video, can’t stand the “CHORDS OF ORION” guy, having said that the KPA is these days a bit of a power house for such things, delay and verb with infinity and hold, the looper, everything you need but it takes some experimentation to make it work.

Tip with the verb, use two, one as a general ambience and one before it to hold.

Have fun.

New talent management advice to Laura Cox -

“Laura want to break the internet? let’s shoot another video of you covering the Nightrain solo in the blue singlet, but this time we’ll crank up the air conditioning”.

• It's really easy , I use the freeze fonction from the various delays. I use these constantly : hit a chord or a single note , let it ring until you got desired tone , hit freeze & record . Best thing is layering some single notes on multiple tracks to build complex chords , easily beats super expensive analog synths with a super thick analog vibe.

Be creative by using with a ebow or a slide will also help. All kind of octavers will also reach super lows or really high notes.

ex :

• drones, organs pads & delays : all made on a regular guitar . Really beautiful stuff in these delays @ 0:50 and 1:50

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• backings swells

• intro rig and background pads : same config

Fuzz at full gain will keep ringing forever also , constant feedback

Another possibility would be volume swells and morph pedal.

Endless possibilities !

PS I have some pads available on rig ex , check for waraba , disengage all locks and tune them

• It's really easy , I use the freeze fonction from the various delays...

Beautiful stuff Renaud, very cool! I'm already using the Kemper as my center of the studio work and creative core tool for a long time. But you really take it to the next level :thumbup::)

Those Pad-type sounds are by the way also great for vocal effects. I'm using that a lot for re-amping of vocals and even other instruments. I remember you do that as well Renaud, we talked about that some time ago. Trumpet in your case, right?

• It's really easy , I use the freeze fonction from the various delays. I use these constantly : hit a chord or a single note , let it ring until you got desired tone , hit freeze & record .

I got that far in my own attempts but it is the ability to constantly tweak the parameters so the the pad evolves and changes, plus the reverse and octave drop I can't wrap my head around.

Best thing is layering some single notes on multiple tracks to build complex chords , easily beats super expensive analog synths with a super thick analog vibe.

When you say multiple tracks do you mean into a DAW? Sounds interesting but can you elaborate?

Be creative by using with a ebow or a slide will also help. All kind of octavers will also reach super lows or really high notes.

Not a fan of the bow reminds me of Chords of Orion lol

Fuzz at full gain will keep ringing forever also , constant feedback

Another possibility would be volume swells and morph pedal.

Will def try these thanks

• I've recorded this track years ago,

just put the reverb on 10 and used the Volume on the giutar

• When you say multiple tracks do you mean into a DAW? Sounds interesting but can you elaborate?

That's it 3 tracks , 3 notes make a good chord for a pad especially if you pan all these -100 0 a +100

I got that far in my own attempts but it is the ability to constantly tweak the parameters so the the pad evolves and changes, plus the reverse and octave drop I can't wrap my head around.

I guess a morph pedal on the feedback delay setting would do it, for a reverse effect check my pads or the swell presets from the official pack